Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Barnes says team has no heart

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

As for leadership, what happened to Jameer?

lol it's called kneejerk reactions.

i personally thought i didn't matter at first as he's more or like pietrus but after rebounding i was all for it.

quote:

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

whats the Magics record with Barnes as a starter?

Barnes letting this Magic organization-wide frustration out and having the wherewithal to step up to the likes of his All Star teammates won my respect. Certainly not in the most admirable fashion but ****, I agree with what he had to say. It seems the past few games, the bench plays with much more intensity with exception to Barnes.

Evaluating our teams play lately, our most successful lineup with players that put on their work boots everyday is:

Jason Williams

JJ Redick

Matt Barnes

Ryan Anderson (fought his way back into the rotation and is producing for the team)

Dwight Howard (the guy is a house. Although i'm starting to really dislike his effort and attitude on the court, he is our workhorse)

quote:
Originally posted by magicman44:

quote:

Have you even watched the games since Barnes has been a starter? His desire and hustle is a breath of fresh air for a team that is just going through the motions. By the way, in the last 10 games he's shooting 54% from the field AND 54% from the 3 point line. Where are you coming from with a statement like that? I'm officially making him my new Guru. The man has balls which is something that is lacking on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers/Guns & Money:

quote:
Originally posted by magicman44:

quote:

Have you even watched the games since Barnes has been a starter? His desire and hustle is a breath of fresh air for a team that is just going through the motions. By the way, in the last 10 games he's shooting 54% from the field AND 54% from the 3 point line. Where are you coming from with a statement like that? I'm officially making him my new Guru. The man has balls which is something that is lacking on this team.
I watch every magic game I just asked a question , what is the record since he has become a starter?

Sorry I'm getting into this discussion late, just checked in. This is huge. The true disgust he expressed could be a turning point for the Magic, but don't get your hopes up. I'm kinda speechless and don't know what else to say. Matt Barnes has earned my respect and even more so after those comments he made. That was true honesty with no bull added. My only regret is that we didn't get Barnes on our team sooner! Imagine what he would've provided for us last year on top of our already superior play.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

Sorry I'm getting into this discussion late, just checked in. This is huge. The true disgust he expressed could be a turning point for the Magic, but don't get your hopes up. I'm kinda speechless and don't know what else to say. Matt Barnes has earned my respect and even more so after those comments he made. That was true honesty with no bull added. My only regret is that we didn't get Barnes on our team sooner! Imagine what he would've provided for us last year on top of our already superior play.

yes we win NBA champs for sure if he was on team that way Mike Pietrus gets less minutes and we all know how bad he played in the playoffs lol