Sign in to follow this  
nabeca

Time to appreciate the chemistry phenomenon

I was, and am a Hedo fan. But this is not about Hedo. Let's see what is missing since he left and how can we bring it back.

1-Lewis is a shooter, he was, last year. So If he cannot drive, this is not his fault. The team is not constructed on his driving abilities.

2-Nelson is a shoot first guy. There should be another ball handler, and this should be a guy who passes the ball. Vince does not.

3-Dwight is who he is. he will not magically improve his offense. We advanced to the finals when he had the same skill set.

4-Bench players should be aghast by this teams mediocre play. Bass and others thought they came to a contender.

We do not need to reinvent the wheel. This team was meant to play like last year's. if you go to the so called traditional line, they suck. If you want a traditional line, send Nelson and Rashard. This is basically what this forum has been calling this year. Not gonna happen. Wish it does not happen.

Find a guy who is tall, can see Dwight on offense, plays similar to Hedo, passes the ball. Move Vince to Courtney Lee's position. Vince is not Hedo, nor he has to be.

This teams chemistry is detroyed when they decided to move to a "traditional line". This year Rashard has to drive, Nelson has to pass and Dwight has to shoot away from the rim, and none of them is doing it right now.

Instead of fitting these players into your dream formation, fit your dream formation to these guys. Overall, they were the same players last year, and they were glorious. Despite their recent performance, i love them, and i am sure they can deliver when the team plays according to their skill set.

I was, and am a Hedo fan. But this is not about Hedo. Let's see what is missing since he left and how can we bring it back.

1-Lewis is a shooter, he was, last year. So If he cannot drive, this is not his fault. The team is not constructed on his driving abilities.

2-Nelson is a shoot first guy. There should be another ball handler, and this should be a guy who passes the ball. Vince does not.

3-Dwight is who he is. he will not magically improve his offense. We advanced to the finals when he had the same skill set.

4-Bench players should be aghast by this teams mediocre play. Bass and others thought they came to a contender.

We do not need to reinvent the wheel. This team was meant to play like last year's. if you go to the so called traditional line, they suck. If you want a traditional line, send Nelson and Rashard. This is basically what this forum has been calling this year. Not gonna happen. Wish it does not happen.

Find a guy who is tall, can see Dwight on offense, plays similar to Hedo, passes the ball. Move Vince to Courtney Lee's position. Vince is not Hedo, nor he has to be.

This teams chemistry is detroyed when they decided to move to a "traditional line". This year Rashard has to drive, Nelson has to pass and Dwight has to shoot away from the rim, and none of them is doing it right now.

Instead of fitting these players into your dream formation, fit your dream formation to these guys. Overall, they were the same players last year, and they were glorious. Despite their recent performance, i love them, and i am sure they can deliver when the team plays according to their skill set.

You dont watch the games, do you?

We haven't been playing traditional basketball at all this season. We have been playing with a stretch 4 for a team that can't seem to sink any 3's.

It doesn't work that way. If we had been playing more traditionally, we would have won more games.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

We haven't been playing traditional basketball at all this season. We have been playing with a stretch 4 for a team that can't seem to sink any 3's.

It kinda defeats the purpose of having stretch 4's on the floor when they take contested 3's...

time to revisit those courses again then. mostly atoms need some other atoms to form bonds and create a molecule. if that central piece is not there, whatever atom is there, they will not form a bond and create a molecule.

all you have will be atoms with strong characteristics and you will keep wondering why they do not form an awesome molecule. you can of course blame atoms individually. that is the easy way

quote:
Originally posted by nabeca:

time to revisit those courses again then. mostly atoms need some other atoms to form bonds and create a molecule. if that central piece is not there, whatever atom is there, they will not form a bond and create a molecule.

all you have will be atoms with strong characteristics and you will keep wondering why they do not form an awesome molecule. you can of course blame atoms individually. that is the easy way

maybe vince carter is a noble gas, he doesn't have any open electron rings.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Or if we wanna go astronomical, Carter could be a singularity.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Or if we wanna go astronomical, Carter could be a singularity.

You guys made me lol.

I agree with nabeca that the team chemistry is not what it was last year but moving major pieces at this point might make it even worse.

quote:

I'd say removing a 6'10" point forward, we've definitely come CLOSER to traditional.

But what made us win last year was our nontraditional ways. I really doubt if we started bass that we'd even do any better than we are today. Playing with a traditional 4 for an extended amount of time has never worked for the Magic in the long run.