Sign in to follow this  
Mr. DaTsuN

Vince off the bench?

I wouldn't limit his minutes, but maybe limit his shot selections which allows other teammates to get "hot". Just having Carter out on the floor is an advantage because everyone knows him and respects his ability to create plays for himself or others.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. DaTsuN:

maybe vince should come off the bench. What you guys think about that? It might not be a bad idea.

we dont need to becnh him based on tonight's game.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

I wouldn't limit his minutes, but maybe limit his shot selections which allows other teammates to get "hot". Just having Carter out on the floor is an advantage because everyone knows him and respects his ability to create plays for himself or others.

yes presence. Same goes for Dwight Howard. He might not be an elite offensive player, and doesnt even have a post game that he uses in game really, but his presence is what makes our team so good, not just the talent.

I mean you're not gonna leave him open or anywhere near the basket.

plus Howard and Carter draw double teams, or at least they should and usually do.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

yes presence. Same goes for Dwight Howard. He might not be an elite offensive player, and doesnt even have a post game that he uses in game really, but his presence is what makes our team so good, not just the talent.

I mean you're not gonna leave him open or anywhere near the basket.

plus Howard and Carter draw double teams, or at least they should and usually do.

Exactly, which leads to open shots. Alot of times we lose because the open guy just isn't hitting the shots, so we start trying different things and it snow balls into one big mess.

tonight wasn't a snow day for the Magic LOL

i beg to disagree somewhat with rams. without vc the team ball movement was much better as well as defensive rotations. i do not know about vc coming off the bench. he most likely would not like it and that could be a distraction. jj is playing very well in his role and is out there when he is needed. he should get 25 to 30 mins. just like barnes you dont always start your best. know your job, thats what is needed. if vc continues to struggle then i would think about it. the trade deadline will be interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. DaTsuN:

maybe vince should come off the bench. What you guys think about that? It might not be a bad idea.

No one cares about the dream you had last night.