I'm not gonna lie

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

LOL there are creationists here.

Can somebody move this to off topic? The 4 game losing streak is bad enough.

You should be glad that there are believers on here. Our team could really use the prayer. icon_wink.gif

Would prayer to Allah work the same way? Or is Allah a Cavs fan?

Wait, that's the same god. What about Zeus?

If Zeus floats ur boat then go ahead.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
It really does not matter because I don't take you seriously neither. I mean come on you are intelligent. Your great great ancestors were apes?

You are simply too proud to admit you are an animal.

Actually my wife has the same thoughts about me. Oh well.

That definition can easily be summed up as what I just said. it doesn't say anything you just said at all. you kinda added some emotion to it. evolution does not tell you that you are random, or that i am an 'amazing creature'.

quote:
wouldn't it stand to reason that you are not starting from square one either? If you do not take the book seriously then how can you for a realistic unbiased view. you have dismissed it. u have made up your mind.

when i say starting from square one, i mean everything has to show fruit. i've read a good part of the bible (mainly the new testament), and i don't believe a word of it. it is merely a book that is 2,000 years old. i have no reason to trust it. how is that biased? your book is no different from the quran or any other holy book. in order for me to accept it, i want to know what's true about it, and why it is a reliable source of information. i think that's pretty fair. anybody who wants to be convinced something is true wants a reason to believe it, or wants a reason to consider it reliable, right? this is no different for me.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

quote:

you know i should be a science teacher.

I understand where your coming from with the evolution thing, and honestly I have to study to even begin to understand it, but what do you believe is the origin of life then? big bang or one of the other scientific theories?

I am an atheist.

what you must understand is that the big bang doesn't even say anything about how the life started. the big bang wasn't even a bang! it is merely a scientific theory that states that the universe is moving outward, and it started at a single point. it doesn't contradict any god or anything you believe. i don't understand why it gets so many attacks.

as for my personal beliefs: i am an atheist. i think that's the best way i can put my beliefs down. do no gods exist? i don't know. does any god exist? i don't know.

i don't know more than what hasn't been detected, thus, my beliefs are just .. that.

Actually you're an agnostic. It's cool bro. I wish we could discuss this on some other forum. Be blessed.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

quote:

you know i should be a science teacher.

I understand where your coming from with the evolution thing, and honestly I have to study to even begin to understand it, but what do you believe is the origin of life then? big bang or one of the other scientific theories?

I am an atheist.

what you must understand is that the big bang doesn't even say anything about how the life started. the big bang wasn't even a bang! it is merely a scientific theory that states that the universe is moving outward, and it started at a single point. it doesn't contradict any god or anything you believe. i don't understand why it gets so many attacks.

as for my personal beliefs: i am an atheist. i think that's the best way i can put my beliefs down. do no gods exist? i don't know. does any god exist? i don't know.

i don't know more than what hasn't been detected, thus, my beliefs are just .. that.

According to your definition you seem to be more of an agnostic.

Agnostic - Sitting on the Fence

By definition, an agnostic is not committed to believing in or disbelieving in the existence of God. Nevertheless, while agnosticism claims to "sit on the fence," many agnostics are "practical atheists," in that they actively pursue the atheistic lifestyle; that is, they tend to subscribe to moral relativism and live out their lives without any concern for ultimate accountability

quote:

quote:
It really does not matter because I don't take you seriously neither. I mean come on you are intelligent. Your great great ancestors were apes?

LOL!

quote:
Actually you're an agnostic.

or an agnostic atheist. atheism is misconstrued these days.

http://atheism.about.com/od/ab...ticism/a/atheism.htm

atheism, in its day never truly meant 'refusal'. in fact, the term agnostic isn't even that old compared to atheism; it's not like some guy sat around to keep balance or something. agnosticism is more about knowledge (hence its root word 'gnostic') while atheism, while has had different ones go from strong to weak, varies.

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL!

what's so funny?

quote:

That definition can easily be summed up as what I just said. it doesn't say anything you just said at all. you kinda added some emotion to it. evolution does not tell you that you are random, or that i am an 'amazing creature'.

quote:
wouldn't it stand to reason that you are not starting from square one either? If you do not take the book seriously then how can you for a realistic unbiased view. you have dismissed it. u have made up your mind.

when i say starting from square one, i mean everything has to show fruit. i've read a good part of the bible (mainly the new testament), and i don't believe a word of it. it is merely a book that is 2,000 years old. i have no reason to trust it. how is that biased? your book is no different from the quran or any other holy book. in order for me to accept it, i want to know what's true about it, and why it is a reliable source of information. i think that's pretty fair. anybody who wants to be convinced something is true wants a reason to believe it, or wants a reason to consider it reliable, right? this is no different for me.

Why don't you believe a word of it? Have you researched its accuracy or did you not like what it said or taight? There are countless evidences to its accuracy so i'm not sure why you say you don't believe it. just curious.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL!

what's so funny?

I thought your retort was funny? It wasn't a joke icon_confused.gif