Sign in to follow this  
wispas house

"OPINION" HOWARDS REASON FOR STRUGGLING

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by wispas house:

I am new to this forum, but i needed to here what some of you think. I think his main struggles are because of lack of passing ability on the court, of course last year howard always dominated and i think main reason was hedo's passing ability, i think he is really missing him this year what do you guys think.

Welcome, but be prepared to get bashed though. Most people won't think that Howard hasn't been doing well this season and they are going to bash you for starting this thread. People are thread crazy here, if they think it shouldln't be posted they will burn you for it.

As far as your post goes, I don't think we miss Hedo all that much. Vince has more then made up for his points. I think that Dwight has hit a wall develop wise. he needs someone to help take him to the next level. A player or coach needs to show him how to be the man.

Its amazing to me that people can look at Dwight's offensive game and say there is nothing wrong. Year after year we keep asking the same questions. "Why does he gets stripped of the ball so easily in the post?". "why doesn't he keep the ball high when he gets it?" "Why can't he develop a respectable low post game?" We will continue to ask those questions until we accept the truth about Dwight.

I don't think Dwight took the off season as serious as he lead one to believe. I think he works hard on his strength but not as much on his skill. How do I know? Because hes still trying to bulldoze his way to the basket.

I know we all saw that video but really, how many days did he do that and really, any pro should be able to run down the court and hit WIDE open jumpers.

I will also say, as much as I like Ewing, I don't think hes the best guy to teach him low post moves. Ewing was pretty mechanical in his moves and was no where near the physical presence that Dwight is.

I think Dwight needs a good off season at the famous Big Man's camp or call Hakeem and work with him.

A lot of it is fouls too. Hes trying to block everything and its costing him. He needs to try other ways to disrupting an offense.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Last week...Last year...The year before that...

lol, yeah the old thread is still on the front page..

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Last week...Last year...The year before that...

lol, yeah the old thread is still on the front page..

Cause it rocks! smile_magicfan.gif

Thread title a little misleading (and I should know from the bashing I got from my last attempt!) but I think I understand where you're coming from. Dwight's game isn't complete yet, he's fantastic at what he does and is by far the best big in the league, no doubt, but IMO if he could stretch his game with an outside shot then we're in business.

He isn't struggling to shoot, I agree, as does SVG that the team struggles to get him the ball and that's down to poor ball movement and by that I mean not enough of it. We haven't been making the extra pass for a long time and when you build a team around Dwight and his style of play but then ignore him you're going to struggle, especially if when you ignore him you don't make the open shots or even drive to the basket.

So if I understand your point I agree, but I don't think it's about Dwight, I think it's about gelling as a team and moving the ball.