Sign in to follow this  
VinceCarter4life

Poll: Vince should be our offensive leader not Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Kobe doesn't have another player on that team capable of consistently creating scoring oppurtunities for himself...(blah, blah, blah)

Besides Vince Carter...neither do we.

Jameer sucks...average at best.

quote:
Originally posted by F1ash:

I wasn't meaning to say JWill should be playing 30 MPG. My point was that Jameer ain't cutting it, and isn't bringing anything to this team right now. I'd take Derek Fisher over Jameer anytime. DFisher hits clutch shots, and actually plays solid D. I'm just saying at this point in time, Jameer needs to come off the bench until he starts playing D, and knocks down shots. Atleast JWill can pass and facilitate an offense. All we need our PG on this team to do is play defense, and pass the ball. Not dribble the ball for 15 seconds, and dump it off to someone because I have nowhere to go...

You are exactly describing Derek Fisher except that he's slower than Nelson.

Also Nelson has taken clutch shots as well, but I'm honestly wondering if we see the same Derek Fisher? Fisher hardly attacks the basket, and he only shoots when open; he can't shoot off the dribble like Nelson. 80% of the time he just brings the ball up and gives it to Kobe. He's nothing but a spot-up point guard and to think you want him over Nelson is ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

no kidding it's a team effort.

But Hedo was the playmaker/ball handler.

VC is a lot more advanced than Hedo, that's why he should, and when he was we were shooting at what? 17-3 or something I dont remember.

and seroiusly what in gods name are you guys watching. Dwight offensively is not "huge". Pierce is a the superstar wing player you're looking for? While VC is easily a better offensive player. And shoots high% fts.

sorry dont take that as a diss magic01, it's just what I honestly thought of your post. Not good.

Hedo was the primary ball handler after jameer got hurt last year. I still didn't see hedo as being our leader though. When I meant that Dwight was 'huge' um. what are you watching. He can get 20pts some games with having a limited offensive game. He can get offensive rebounds. Just his presence on the floor can create room/opportunity for others to get open shots. That is huge.

I never said Pierce was superstar wing player we are looking for. I never said Kobe was either. Our team is set up differently where we have a lot of great players and the # of shots should be spread out more. I dont want to see Vince shooting 16-20 fg per game at 40%. If Vince can turn into this great facilator/ passer anytime soon then I'm ok with him having the ball. What I see is Vince looking for himself and shooting not that great.

I think we need everyone, Jameer has to get his legs so lets have this talk in 3 weeks. Our problem is the Coach!!! When you have a big game of this magnitude you have to change things up. He does the same thing game in and out. Vince plays the 1st quarter and sits for almost 7 minutes for the second. This was a perfect game for Bass to play, he would have giving Howard help in the post! We need to post our 2's and 3's more but we don't. Put Lewis, Carter and Company on the blocks more. I love Howard but his Offensive moves are limited, we have one of the best Centers of the game on the bench are we using his brain at all!!! And every game we don't have to use 10 players. If someone is rolling let's ride him to wheels fall off! I've saw games were Lewis, Carter, Howard, and JJ have gotten hot but we don't ride the hot man! That's the difference between our team and the others (Lakers, Cleveland or Celtics) when someone on those teams get hot they ride not us, a player can hit 3 straight shots and guess what our coach will do sit him down!!! Not saying he's a bad coach, I'm just saying don't be predictable!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Originally posted by F1ash:

I wasn't meaning to say JWill should be playing 30 MPG. My point was that Jameer ain't cutting it, and isn't bringing anything to this team right now. I'd take Derek Fisher over Jameer anytime. DFisher hits clutch shots, and actually plays solid D. I'm just saying at this point in time, Jameer needs to come off the bench until he starts playing D, and knocks down shots. Atleast JWill can pass and facilitate an offense. All we need our PG on this team to do is play defense, and pass the ball. Not dribble the ball for 15 seconds, and dump it off to someone because I have nowhere to go...

You are exactly describing Derek Fisher except that he's slower than Nelson.

Also Nelson has taken clutch shots as well, but I'm honestly wondering if we see the same Derek Fisher? Fisher hardly attacks the basket, and he only shoots when open; he can't shoot off the dribble like Nelson. 80% of the time he just brings the ball up and gives it to Kobe. He's nothing but a spot-up point guard and to think you want him over Nelson is ridiculous.

My point is that Nelson isn't needed to score big on this team, and dominate the ball the way he is. Rashard and VC should be handling the ball in the half court, NOT Jameer. He's totally expendable on this team at this point... Again, he doesn't need 3 weeks to get his legs back. He should have been doing cardio during his injury. Also, JWill had ONE FULL YEAR off, you don't see him making excuses about need to get in shape...

I think what hes saying is everyone keeps saying "wait until Meer gets hot". People say, well lets wait until he gets his legs under him when JWill has been out for an entire year. Sure, watching him shoot is great and helps. The problem is this is his strength when another type of strength is more of an priority with our personnel. We got shooters, scorers, etc. We need an distributer, defensive minded PG. And smart player with the ball and while Jameer is not an lower tier pg hes not any of those things that I mentioned. Are there abundance of them out there. No but I believe Otis knows this and I believe if we don't do it by the deadline, this off season, there will be changes.

^^^ Thank you. That's what I am saying, but some of you Jameer lovers keep taking my words out of context. I hope Jameer proves me wrong, but right now, he's not bringing anything positive to this team. Unfortunately it's the truth. Last year he was very valuable at the beginning of the year because he was carrying the offense at times. This year we don't need that. We need a PG that is a role player on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

I think what hes saying is everyone keeps saying "wait until Meer gets hot". People say, well lets wait until he gets his legs under him when JWill has been out for an entire year. Sure, watching him shoot is great and helps. The problem is this is his strength when another type of strength is more of an priority with our personnel. We got shooters, scorers, etc. We need an distributer, defensive minded PG. And smart player with the ball and while Jameer is not an lower tier pg hes not any of those things that I mentioned. Are there abundance of them out there. No but I believe Otis knows this and I believe if we don't do it by the deadline, this off season, there will be changes.

Don't count on it. I seriously doubt that Smith is ever going to trade Nelson no matter what.

I find that a problem in the NBA today. It's not like what it used to be. Now days so many players want to be stars. I mean in people like Zach Randolph, Jameer nelson, every foreign player, etc even role players like Pietrus.

It's not like where you're a star because you're freakislhy more athletic than everybody else and can do things no one else can do.

remember these days?

AI-Kobe-Tmac-Shaq-VC-Kidd-Duncan-etc.

now it's like no one WANTS to be a role player. No one wants to be the Robert Horry.

/rant