Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Miami Heat Thurs. 12/17/09 8:00 P.M.

Everybody always complains. I actually think Miami played good defense and we just didn't respond. They also out hustled us.

Although it's fairly dumb to complain about the same guy that practically carried us through the playoffs last year.

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

It's going to be the same thing all year. We rely way too much on the 3 and we play terrible team defense. I actually was wishing VC to be more involved....is that possible? I still don't see us beating Boston or LA....no way....

we beat boston when VC took 29 shots and everyone compains

Boston played about as bad as you can play...they were missing OPEN shots all game. Did you see the game? We didn't much defense, they just weren't hitting shots. So, we beat Boston one game....now we own them???? The hubris of our fans is out-freaking-standing. I swear we won a title last year the way some of you act.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

cry more guys

let's make a crying thread.

variations of the :_( are all welcome

the starters looked disinterested and played like they wanted to be anywhere else but on the court. sorry if people have a problem with that.

On days I miss a game, I like to go check the board to see how many panic threads are posted to see how we lost.

Example:

1-2 Panic Threads : Magic lose by 2-6 points

3-4 Panic Threads : We get blown out by a >.500 team

5-8 Panic Threads : We get blown out by a <.500 Team

9-10 Panic Threads: When we lose to the Cavs, Celtics or Lakers

I don't even have to look at the box-score anymore

Forgetting our terrible defense, why do we settle so much on the offensive end? I know SVG has to be getting on their backs to be aggressive but it still takes 3 quarters before VC makes any strong moves to the basket. Anytime a player comes down and jacks up a long 2 or a contested 3 without any ball movement or attempt at attacking the basket he needs to be taken out. Even tho Pietrus made his first 4 he was just coming down and jacking up long 2s which is obviously not the way to win games.

quote:
Originally posted by ginter:

Forgetting our terrible defense, why do we settle so much on the offensive end? I know SVG has to be getting on their backs to be aggressive but it still takes 3 quarters before VC makes any strong moves to the basket. Anytime a player comes down and jacks up a long 2 or a contested 3 without any ball movement or attempt at attacking the basket he needs to be taken out. Even tho Pietrus made his first 4 he was just coming down and jacking up long 2s which is obviously not the way to win games.

our problem is that we dig an offensive hole for ourselves relying on the 3pt shot. coincidently, we try and get ourselves out of that hole by shooting more 3's. we're funny

quote:
Originally posted by ginter:

Like I said before, the team was shooting 50% by the end of the 3rd quarter. This was just a terrible defensive effort, period (and some tuh-rrible, tuh-rrible turnovers). It does suck when Dwight is the only one going to the line, but the offense was hardly a huge problem. Team defense was what lost us the game.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

What's up with VC in the month of december?

10 pts

Is it me or is that every other game?????

he does seem bipolar. He goes half man half amazing vinsanity one game.

and then plays poo the next game. except that 13 point game he was playing great, finding everyone, 7 asts, 2 blocks, 2 steals, n 2 oops to Dwight. and we were killing the raptors so he didnt play the end.

but yeah I noticed this too.

It's like he plays great and then gets satisfied, and decides he should sit back the next game and let the other players get their glory. I say **** it Vince, just play like you can every night.

That's what seperates VC from likes of Kobe at times. Because he can be a top 10 player one game, and then a top 40 the next. If you catch what I'm saying.

Pancakes is right. Our defense creates our offense. Every single run we made that cut the lead to 11 or 12 we had stops that lead to an easy 3 or Howard getting position. Our offense doesn't work as good when everybody's set

quote:
Originally posted by Rimsh:

On days I miss a game, I like to go check the board to see how many panic threads are posted to see how we lost.

Example:

1-2 Panic Threads : Magic lose by 2-6 points

3-4 Panic Threads : We get blown out by a >.500 team

5-8 Panic Threads : We get blown out by a <.500 Team

9-10 Panic Threads: When we lose to the Cavs, Celtics or Lakers

I don't even have to look at the box-score anymore

You are serious homer, if you cannot see that the team has major problems. Do you honest think we have a chance to beat the Celtics on Christmas? I doubt we can even beat the blazers.