Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

YES!!! The "official" YES thread.

So I scored some tickets to the Orlando vs. Oklahoma City game this Sunday. I'm living in Tulsa at the moment so this was my only good shot at seeing them in person. This will be only my 2nd NBA game ever. The last one I was at was in 98 in Orlando when they played Utah and lost.

So if I show up early, can I talk to the Magic players or get an autograph from Pietrus or somethin? I'm not sure how it works. I'll be one of the very few Magic fans in attendance. I also would like to know if it's possible to sneak down a few rows if the stadium is fairly empty. My seats are in the upper deck and I'd kill to move down but I don't wanna get kicked out. Not sure how strict the seat security people will be. I'm super excited though. I'll represent our team in Oklahoma for you guys!

So I scored some tickets to the Orlando vs. Oklahoma City game this Sunday. I'm living in Tulsa at the moment so this was my only good shot at seeing them in person. This will be only my 2nd NBA game ever. The last one I was at was in 98 in Orlando when they played Utah and lost.

So if I show up early, can I talk to the Magic players or get an autograph from Pietrus or somethin? I'm not sure how it works. I'll be one of the very few Magic fans in attendance. I also would like to know if it's possible to sneak down a few rows if the stadium is fairly empty. My seats are in the upper deck and I'd kill to move down but I don't wanna get kicked out. Not sure how strict the seat security people will be. I'm super excited though. I'll represent our team in Oklahoma for you guys!

Good luck trying to move down; from what I hear they sell out every single game. This shouldn't be any different.

not sure about getting autographics; wear magic blue/tshirt and you'll def get love. I've had experience with KG and pierce, in fact most of the Bostom team (except for scalabrine and doc rivers, go figure) didn't show us any love when we tried to meet them as they were loading onto their bus from the hotel in Atlanta. Hopefully magic players heads' aren't so far up their a**es.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Yea, you should be able to get an autograph. I was at game 1 against Philly in the playoffs and Dwight was signing autographs before the game. Sadly enough, i was about 5 seconds to late getting out of my seat, and just missed him icon_frown.gif.

But judging by what I've seen, I don't know if that arena is going to be empty, seems like they really support the Thunder.

Nah the Magic have a lot of good guys on their team. I won't bug them if they aren't interested though, it isn't a big deal. Yeah I know the Thunder have sold out a lot of games, but I'm hoping since it being a Sunday night and the Dallas Cowboys having a big night game against Philly there will be a ton of no shows. There's a TON of Cowboy fans down here unfortunately. It'll be great no matter what.

I don't even really give a hoot about autographs. I'd love to just shake some of their hands and say hey. That would be a grand experience for me. Hell I'm about to urinate on myself just from holding these tickets.

Your best bet is to get there as early as you can, then figure out what tunnel they head back to the locker room from after their pre-game workout. If you're wearing Magic colors and hanging around in the stands near that tunnel, they'll usually say hey.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

Your best bet is to get there as early as you can, then figure out what tunnel they head back to the locker room from after their pre-game workout. If you're wearing Magic colors and hanging around in the stands near that tunnel, they'll usually say hey.

Heh, I'll do my best. They're gonna beat the tar out of the stupid Thunder (I hope)