Sign in to follow this  
blue-blood

Rashard's Suspension is a Blessing in Disguise . . .

As Magic fans we were all a bit disillusioned and concerned when we heard that Rashard would be suspended for the 1st 10 games of this season and justifiably so. With the East being as close as it is, a few games in the loss column may end up being the difference between the 1st and 3rd seeds. How then could one possibly contend that Rashard being suspended could be a good thing? It boils down to 2 simple words . . .

Ryan Anderson.

This pre-season, Magic fans have started to fall in love with a lanky white guy who has more in common with Rashard than he does with Pat Garrity. And with good reason, Ryan Anderson is (IMHO) the real deal. I'm not saying he's a bona fide future superstar or even all-star for that matter but he will certainly be a starter quality NBA PF for years to come and I believe the absence of Rashard for the 1st 10 games is only going to further cement (and possibly increase) his minutes in the rotation even after Rashard returns. I think this process would've most likely been delayed had Rashard been available.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Magic's schedule is particularly light through 9 of the1st 10 games and consequently they stand a great chance at going 9-1 (or 10-0) even without Rashard.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Rashard brings to our team but his ignorance just might end up being a boon for our boys in blue!

As Magic fans we were all a bit disillusioned and concerned when we heard that Rashard would be suspended for the 1st 10 games of this season and justifiably so. With the East being as close as it is, a few games in the loss column may end up being the difference between the 1st and 3rd seeds. How then could one possibly contend that Rashard being suspended could be a good thing? It boils down to 2 simple words . . .

Ryan Anderson.

This pre-season, Magic fans have started to fall in love with a lanky white guy who has more in common with Rashard than he does with Pat Garrity. And with good reason, Ryan Anderson is (IMHO) the real deal. I'm not saying he's a bona fide future superstar or even all-star for that matter but he will certainly be a starter quality NBA PF for years to come and I believe the absence of Rashard for the 1st 10 games is only going to further cement (and possibly increase) his minutes in the rotation even after Rashard returns. I think this process would've most likely been delayed had Rashard been available.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the Magic's schedule is particularly light through 9 of the1st 10 games and consequently they stand a great chance at going 9-1 (or 10-0) even without Rashard.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Rashard brings to our team but his ignorance just might end up being a boon for our boys in blue!