Sign in to follow this  
MightyMouse

Magic chat on ESPN.com at 1PM today!!!

i asked if they thought Dwight could make a run at MVP:

quote:
Zach McCann (Orlando Magic Daily): I don't think his offensive game is there yet, but I think he will win an MVP at some point. It's difficult to be the MVP when you're not a consistent top-tier scorer (unless you're Steve Nash). For now I think it's LeBron's to lose, but if Dwight can get his point total up to the 25 range and continue to post ridiculous blocks and rebound numbers, he can win it. I'm sure it doesn't matter much to him, though.

and here is Broussard's response:

quote:
Chris Broussard:

Eric P.

I think Dwight will be in the running for MVP, no doubt. And if the Magic finishes wiht the best record in the league, his chances will be very high. One thing that could hinder him is if Vince is the leading scorer rather than Dwight. No one would argue that Vince is the team's MVP over Dwight, but Dwight's limited offensive game will always be something skeptics take into consideration when voting for MVP. He'll have to be that much more dominant on the glass and on defense to overcome his offensive shortcomings. It's like, "If he's the MVP, why doesn't the team go to him in the 4Q or run it's offense through him more?'' But he'll definitely be on the short list.

Magic vs. Cavs Eastern Conference Finals, both teams 100% healthy. Who wins and why?

Chris Broussard:

quote:

I think Cleveland wins because Shaq (and Leon Powe) can guard Dwight Howard one on one. That's somethings the Cavs didn't have last year. A Parker, Jamario Moon and Delonte West can guard Vince. LeBron can guard Rashard. I'm not saying the Cavs defenders shut the Magic players down, but they can guard them straight up without having to run all the gimmick Ds they did in last year's EC Finals. All the wicked matchup nightmares Orlando caused Cleveland are gone now.

Zach McCann

quote:
I'd go with the Magic. They're deeper and better than last season, and I don't know that Shaq helps their problems defending Dwight Howard too much. But I don't know that it will be so easy this time.

is nelson really better than rafer ashton??? i dont know why magic traded rafer...

Chris Broussard:

quote:

Jameer's better overall, but Rafer was a better playmaker. Jameer doesn't have true PG skills. Yes, he can handle the ball and run the offense, but he's not the distributor that Rafer is. Still, overall, I'd take Jameer, but it's not a landslide.

Wow what a dip****.