Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Orlando Magic Daily wants to talk about Vince(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

What an incredible thread. All I've read for the last 2 months is how everyone cannot wait for camps to open so that we have something to talk about.

So someone starts a thread to actually discuss game action, and he gets ripped for it?

Then everyone twists it to make it sound like VC is being crucified in the OP.

Geez, it was an observation of a single game. The 3-12 caught my eye right away too. But so did D12 going 9-17 from the FT line. And JJ going 0-4 from 3-pt land and getting 20 minutes.

And the newcomers accounting for nearly 50% of our points. And Anderson getting a DNP-CD.

But the article was about VC, it wasn't about the other things, so that's what was posted.

Either that, or please ask the mods to establish a rule of when actual basketball action can be discussed on these boards, because it's just so much more fun talking about potential trades of JJ for Bosh, who we are going to sign to sit in a suit for 82 games next to Foyle. Those things are so much more intriguing.

The thread is dumb, because the premise of the OMD quote in the OP is dumb. It's inferring that Vince is old and washed up because Dwight (one of the most notorious jokesters in the league, who regularly does impressions of his coach, by the way) made a joke about his age. Then the very next paragraph says that he lead the team in scoring and showed nice burst to the hoop, but everyone wants to rip him for shooting 12 threes.

Now half the board has invented a problem between Vince and Dwight, and decided Vince is shooting too many threes.

My point is that making judgements on shot selection based off the first preseason game is crazy. They're barely running offensive plays, and playing maybe at 3/4 speed. Making judgements off that is crazy. Hell, I'd argue that making judgements off anything that happens before the playoffs is crazy.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

2 for 11...0-4 in game two....yep, its just preseason. No need to worry. He's fine. Not old at all. Nothing to see here.

lol your running the gambit hating on vince carter. are you going to come by when he actually does good? again i could care less what he does as long as we win, he could go out there and score with your sister under the bench for all i care... it's sort of a team sport.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

2 for 11...0-4 in game two....yep, its just preseason. No need to worry. He's fine. Not old at all. Nothing to see here.

lol your running the gambit hating on vince carter. are you going to come by when he actually does good? again i could care less what he does as long as we win, he could go out there and score with your sister under the bench for all i care ... it's sort of a team sport.

oooo you went haha very nice