COLOMBIANO

World Cup Qualifying

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

This list is from 2008. I can't believe Torres is ahead of KAKA and Gerrard. Eto'o is also a better forward than him IMO. I couldn't find a 2009 list.

If you see my post you'll notice I referred to the 2008 list. There is no 2009 list yet as it hasn't been awarded yet. Messi seems to be the favorite. The award should be announced in January of 2010.

As for who should be where, just like in basketball, who is 6th or 7th or 8th is always a point of argument. I have seen Torres play and I think he's a great striker. He's definetely on the short list of best players right now IMO.

I thought the 2009 fifa world player of the year went to Cristiano Ronaldo??

As I understand it, the award is given in January for the previous year. There is a lot of games to be played yet in 2009 for anyone to have already decided already who the player of this year should be.

Since the award is given in January, the player is celebrated throughout the next year, so you will hear Ronaldo mentioned as the reigning player of the year all throughout 2009, but the award was celebrating his 2008 play.

Does that make sense?