Sign in to follow this  
New Guy

Minute Distribution

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

why would we pay gortat more then bass to play 10-15 mins a game

more long term value as a trade chip. Great value if dwight goes down. Already knows our system really well. could improve and be a better player this year than last.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

more long term value as a trade chip. Great value if dwight goes down. Already knows our system really well. could improve and be a better player this year than last.

if we match then trade iam all for it 100% but if we match and he stays iam not. for the money we will pay him to sit we could get two other quality guys for that

quote:

quote:

quote:

if we match then trade iam all for it 100% but if we match and he stays iam not. for the money we will pay him to sit we could get two other quality guys for that

it really depends on what other things happen. If we get a barnes/carney/wafer/CJ Watson type of guy with the rest of our MLE and a third PG for the minimum (or shooting guard if we get watson) then our rotation is pretty set anyways with the exception of a big man.

As long as signing gortat doesn't prevent us from making other moves I dont care if we keep him or trade him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it really depends on what other things happen. If we get a barnes/carney/wafer/CJ Watson type of guy with the rest of our MLE and a third PG for the minimum (or shooting guard if we get watson) then our rotation is pretty set anyways with the exception of a big man.

As long as signing gortat doesn't prevent us from making other moves I dont care if we keep him or trade him.

yeah i agree with u on that, i just dont want us to tie our hands by matching and keeping gortat when we can get deeper with the money. but like u say if they really want to spend all that money and we can still get barnes and a third pg then bring in the polish hammer.

The only way we match Gortat is if he is dealt. No way is this guy going to make that much playing 12 mins a game. He certainly wont get minutes at Pf now. If we get Barnes I think he will start and RA will be the odd man out and probably only play like 10 mins a game. RA will have problems getting a lot of minutes because he can't defend anyone. Shard is a better defender at the PF than he is.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

The only way we match Gortat is if he is dealt. No way is this guy going to make that much playing 12 mins a game. He certainly wont get minutes at Pf now. If we get Barnes I think he will start and RA will be the odd man out and probably only play like 10 mins a game. RA will have problems getting a lot of minutes because he can't defend anyone. Shard is a better defender at the PF than he is.

thats true. I really want to see anderson get some burn but if we keep adding solid pieces hes gonna be pushed out.

If we get barnes and move shard to the 3 though I doubt any of our starters gets more than 34 mpg. Look at San Antonio's and Denver's rotations. When you have a bunch of guys that can keep up great play than you might as well rest the starters for the playoffs.