Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Report: Turk dealt to TOR for TPE. Page 17.

YES$$$$sssss!!!!!!!!! Thank you Otis, you bluffing a** hole! I'm so sorry for beginning to doubt you and for getting sick and tired of waiting for ANYTHING to happen. My faith in you is now restored...until next time you take us to the edge of the cliff, you stubborn s.o.b.

Now PLEASE make this count!

EAT YOUR FREAKIN HEARTS OUT CLEVELAND AND BOSTON!!!! YEAH!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Joe_PR:

YES$$$$sssss!!!!!!!!! Thank you Otis, you bluffing a** hole! I'm so sorry for beginning to doubt you and for getting sick and tired of waiting for ANYTHING to happen. My faith in you is now restored...until next time you take us to the edge of the cliff, you stubborn s.o.b.

slow your roll

Great news for once. (forum bipolar button, on). If Otis makes this turn out huge for us we shuld sticky an apology thread for Otis.

We dont even need an allstar like Boozer, so this will give us those extra spots to fill, without being D leaugers.

Im hoping for some really solid signing.

if we culd pick up David Lee or Troy Murphy id be very excited. Wed still have money/exceptions left over to get some solid bench as well.

Cant wait to see how this plays out, gj Otis Houdini!

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

slow your roll

No!! No one will ruin this for me, not Otis, and certainly not you. I started out believing that Otis would make us better, despite the loss of both Lee and Hedo...and possibly Warlock, but, 2 weeks of waiting for ANY pertinent news pretty much pushed that optimism off a cliff.

Now, we have definitive proof that Otis actually had a real working plan which didn't involve just sitting on his hands until everyone else finished spending money. As I said earlier, my faith in him is restored. I believe that he WILL make this move count.

So, after weeks of waiting for ANYTHING to happen, and putting up with Cleveland fans special brand of ignorance and the arrogance of the fans of the Boston Nursing Home, I now reserve the right to act like a happily beligerent spaz...so shut up, and let me be excited for a bit, a** hole.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

slow your roll

No!! No one will ruin this for me, not Otis, and certainly not you. I started out believing that Otis would make us better, despite the loss of both Lee and Hedo...and possibly Warlock, but, 2 weeks of waiting for ANY pertinent news pretty much pushed that optimism off a cliff.

Now, we have definitive proof that Otis actually had a real working plan which didn't involve just sitting on his hands until everyone else finished spending money. As I said earlier, my faith in him is restored. I believe that he WILL make this move count.

So, after weeks of waiting for ANYTHING to happen, and putting up with Cleveland fans special brand of ignorance and the arrogance of the fans of the Boston Nursing Home, I now reserve the right to act like a happily beligerent spaz...so shut up, and let me be excited for a bit, a** hole.

Sir, with all due respect, we probably won't even use this TPE until the trade deadline if not after that. Maybe even at the NBA draft next year.

This is really hilarious, PEC is right. The TPE does not have to be used on ONE player. We can use the TPE in non-simultaneous trades. The rule states we are allowed to use the TPE in several non-simultaneous trades for up to one year after the TPE is issued. It works in a way like the MLE in that in can be split for different players. You guys might be thinking of the Injury Exception that can only be used for one player.

Ryan Anderson for the Dooling TE was a separate deal from Vince for Alston/Battie/Lee. You cannot combine players with the TPE. You cannot combine TPEs for one larger TPE.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

This is really hilarious, PEC is right. The TPE does not have to be used on ONE player. We can use the TPE in non-simultaneous trades. The rule states we are allowed to use the TPE in several non-simultaneous trades for up to one year after the TPE is issued. It works in a way like the MLE in that in can be split for different players. You guys might be thinking of the Injury Exception that can only be used for one player.

Ryan Anderson for the Dooling TE was a separate deal from Vince for Alston/Battie/Lee. You cannot combine players with the TPE. You cannot combine TPEs for one larger TPE.

It is also useful to compensate teams for losing free agents as they can do a sign and trade of that free agent to acquire a trade exception that can be used later. Note this exception is for single player trades only, though additional cash and draft picks can be part of the trade.

That is what got me, it is the s&t that allows you to get the tpe that is restricted to a single player.

Funny how Otis gets so much credit for this. I don't imagine him being the key player managing this 4-team deal. Key in making it work yeah, but not the most beneficiary for sure.

It's good news possibly, but nothing to get excited about until I know more about what he's going to use it for.