Sign in to follow this  
A BETTER DJ

Why don't we just tell Gortat...

I don't see how Otis can afford not to sign him or at least sign and trade him. If we do not pick up his contract the only way we will be able to add players is throught the MLE or vet mins unless I am missing something. I would be kind of surprised if we do not match the offer. There is still plenty of interest out there for him.

I was being sarcastic... there is no way in hell a player would give up control of his own destiny this way and just let the team dictate which team he goes to.

quote:
Originally posted by BigBoy:

I was being sarcastic... there is no way in hell a player would give up control of his own destiny this way and just let the team dictate which team he goes to.

The R part in RFA says we have control to dictate his destiny.

quote:
Originally posted by A BETTER DJ:

Not to sign with Dallas? Couldn't we then sign him to a great contract and trade him for a good piece somewhere where he can be a starter?

BYC rules prevent that.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by BigBoy:

The R part in RFA says we have control to dictate his destiny.

Only if Otis matches. I would not call this total control. Gortat has more leverage by doing what he is doing now. Why on earth would he NOT sign the offer sheet and force Otis to either match, or not? To help the Magic out?? Not gonna happen, unless the Mavs Front Office inquire with the Magic about a S&T.

quote:
Originally posted by nobandwagonhere:

who else still wants gortat except houston

Trade him for Ariza