Sign in to follow this  
Guardian

After all the Hoopla...,

of getting VC and seeing how others are making mad dashes to improve, how we feel if all we do is keep Gortat and nothing else of importanceJ Did we really improve after all? I am starting to get a sick feeling in my stomach.

of getting VC and seeing how others are making mad dashes to improve, how we feel if all we do is keep Gortat and nothing else of importanceJ Did we really improve after all? I am starting to get a sick feeling in my stomach.

I actually feel the same way. I just keep telling myself that offseason is not done yet. You never know what can still happen. But yeah... as of right now... I don't think we have improved just because it seems like we're losing a lot of guys. I just can't help but wish we could get another big name (if we do lose hedo)... but yeah... no money

we'll be just fine when hedo comes back...

VC wasnt the right move especially doing so at the expense of Clee and Alston and most probably Hedo and Gortat

We'd have easily signed hedo if we did not get VC and still could use Clee Alston and Battie on a trade to bring a solid PF as well as a PG to back Jameer up.

VC ruined it all...

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

VC wasnt the right move especially doing so at the expense of Clee and Alston and most probably Hedo and Gortat

We'd have easily signed hedo if we did not get VC and still could use Clee Alston and Battie on a trade to bring a solid PF as well as a PG to back Jameer up.

VC ruined it all...

VC was the right move, just not for what we gave up. We needed a scorer that was explosive and that's what we got. Alston wasn't the right fit. He's a starter and we didn't want him to start. Battie was nothing. Losing Lee is going to hurt us though.

The money issue is where we're going to feel it the most. We need both Turk and Gortat back.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:
Originally posted by magic_hoopsfan:

VC ruined it all...

VC was the right move, just not for what we gave up. We needed a scorer that was explosive and that's what we got. Alston wasn't the right fit. He's a starter and we didn't want him to start. Battie was nothing. Losing Lee is going to hurt us though.

The money issue is where we're going to feel it the most. We need both Turk and Gortat back.

I agree that V.C was the right move but as soon as we signed him the chances of us keeping turk were pretty low...and now i don't think there is any chance turk comes back, but i'm fine with that, especially considering how much money Portland is throwing at him. The main concern right now is a big, we already have turks position filled with V.C and M.P