Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Sources: Boozer faces decision - ESPN

quote:
Carlos Boozer has a tough decision ahead of him tomorrow. Boozer has until 5 p.m. on Tuesday to decide whether to exercise a player option on his contract with the Utah Jazz. The contract is set to pay Boozer $12.7 million next season if he opts in. Could he make more than that on the open market?

Boozer isn't so sure. Sources close to Boozer told ESPN.com that the power forward is still mulling his options and won't make a decision until Tuesday. However, sources say that there's a significant chance that Boozer will exercise his player option and return to the Jazz next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...&source=NBAHeadlines

I wouldn't be surprise to see him opt in. There isn't that much money out there, and he is supposely looking for a $13-$15 million per year.

quote:
Carlos Boozer has a tough decision ahead of him tomorrow. Boozer has until 5 p.m. on Tuesday to decide whether to exercise a player option on his contract with the Utah Jazz. The contract is set to pay Boozer $12.7 million next season if he opts in. Could he make more than that on the open market?

Boozer isn't so sure. Sources close to Boozer told ESPN.com that the power forward is still mulling his options and won't make a decision until Tuesday. However, sources say that there's a significant chance that Boozer will exercise his player option and return to the Jazz next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...&source=NBAHeadlines

I wouldn't be surprise to see him opt in. There isn't that much money out there, and he is supposely looking for a $13-$15 million per year.

I hope that Boozer does stay with the Jazz. Born and raised in Utah, I have a lot of love for the Jazz, and as much as Boozer is hurt and crap, he's a great player to go along with DWill.

The other and main reason I hope Boozer stays is so that the Jazz possibly can't afford Millsap and so they try to do an S&T with us for Hedo. Hedo would be an amazing fit for the Jazz and add some more offensive power. If they could give up Millsap and somebody else to have the space for a Hedo contract and than we get two solid guys, one being Millsap and have to dip into the tax a bit, I think it's great for us. I think we could get some real depth by dealing with Utah.

I'm not sure on the numbers for Utah, but I've heard in the news here that it'd be super hard for the Jazz to keep Boozer and Millsap. Also, AJ opted in and so unless they were counting him before, that puts us at 9 players. If we could get two from Utah, we than have 11 and than we have the Vet Min and MLE to use.

I might be stupid, I really don't know much about the money situations, but I really hope I'm right and that this could work out because I think it helps both teams a ton.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

I hope that Boozer does stay with the Jazz. Born and raised in Utah, I have a lot of love for the Jazz, and as much as Boozer is hurt and crap, he's a great player to go along with DWill.

The other and main reason I hope Boozer stays is so that the Jazz possibly can't afford Millsap and so they try to do an S&T with us for Hedo. Hedo would be an amazing fit for the Jazz and add some more offensive power. If they could give up Millsap and somebody else to have the space for a Hedo contract and than we get two solid guys, one being Millsap and have to dip into the tax a bit, I think it's great for us. I think we could get some real depth by dealing with Utah.

I'm not sure on the numbers for Utah, but I've heard in the news here that it'd be super hard for the Jazz to keep Boozer and Millsap. Also, AJ opted in and so unless they were counting him before, that puts us at 9 players. If we could get two from Utah, we than have 11 and than we have the Vet Min and MLE to use.

I might be stupid, I really don't know much about the money situations, but I really hope I'm right and that this could work out because I think it helps both teams a ton.

I like it. +1