Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

Ron-Ron

I'd take either one to be honest...Shane would be a perfect piece here for all of the different things he does...

personally, now that Yao may be out for awhile and the rumored interest in Gortat, I'm going to go ahead and hold out for a Gortat/Landry swap...I imagine I will be holding for a while...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I disagree, Ron's game could fit here, Ron is capable of deferring, and with the exception of Sacramento, he's been fairly good at it, finding his niche in the game and sticking with it...he will occasionally heat check himself on offense, multiple times, which could be very face palm inducing, but his defense and other intangibles makes him a great utility player which adds a ton of versatility to a team like ours, Otis loves versatility, but I dont know if Otis loves crazy...

Did you see Ron in the playoffs against the Lakers, he easily couldve lost 2 games for them shooting 6/17fg and 4/19fg in 2 games that they some how won thanks to Brooks and the rest of the Rockets. But Ron gets his shots in and i think he will have a problem being told to take less shots and being here just for his defense. Besides he needs to be a 1st 2nd or 3rd option anyways cause of his scoring ability and we just dont need that from him. I just fill like hes not a good fit now. However the same teams that show interest in Turkoglu should pursue Artest.

quote:

yea I always draw conclusions based on small sample sizes, like a playoff series...

Thats not what i meant. All his career he has ALWAYS got his shots in everywhere he goes. Thats ok but we dont need it here. Im just saying how he was jacking up shots in that series. One player can make a team lose when their taking dumb shots like that. We dont need any more scorer minded players here. We need role players. He wont fit.

quote:

not for nothing, but who else outside of Yao deserved to take more shots than Ron on that roster?

And wasn't Yao hurt for they last 2 or 3 games?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

not for nothing, but who else outside of Yao deserved to take more shots than Ron on that roster?

And wasn't Yao hurt for they last 2 or 3 games?

truth...

I guess Cook should have taken over as prime offensive weapon...

I really like Artest. Everytime I watch him play I wish my team had a player like him (providing he doesn't go crazy)He is the A-typical Point/Forward. I think he is a much better passer than Turk. He can feed the post and most of all bring fire and lock down D. Bring him in Oats!!!! He is a knock down jump shooter also. And I do agree sometimes he trys to do too much but our system allows for a little bit of that which my be good for him. We have plenty of scorers and I do believe he is a very smart basketball player so I am sure he will know his roll and play it very well.

quote:

Im all for him taking his shots in HOUSTON but in ORLANDO he cant do that when we already have a big 4 in Nelson Carter Lewis Howard who will be taking the most shots for our team. Thats why a player like Ron will not fit cause he take shots like hes an 1st 2nd or 3rd option scorer in which he is. But if he was with the Magic he would be no more than a 5th option and that will kill his game. He needs to be on the team that he can be one of their top scorers. Thats his game.

I am not familiar with the logic of having too many great players on the floor at once is counter productive. Your right, Pietrus would be a better fit since he is a much less quality player....That doesn't make sense to me.

All of these players know how to play basketball. I promise you Ron Artest doesn't shoot any more bad shots than Jameer, Turk, VC or any other top tier player in the NBA. Artest is a PLAYMAKER. He likes to make plays albiet passing or scoring. If noone else can score IE Houston, he will try to fill it up. When he is on the floor with scorers he will get it done passing the ball.

Let me know if you disagree, I think Artest is one of the smartest all around players in the entire league.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

Im all for him taking his shots in HOUSTON but in ORLANDO he cant do that when we already have a big 4 in Nelson Carter Lewis Howard who will be taking the most shots for our team. Thats why a player like Ron will not fit cause he take shots like hes an 1st 2nd or 3rd option scorer in which he is. But if he was with the Magic he would be no more than a 5th option and that will kill his game. He needs to be on the team that he can be one of their top scorers. Thats his game.

Do you think Hedo will fit our system?