Sign in to follow this  
Wharf Rat

Detroit fans think Sheed to Orlando...

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

My God, sign the 24-year-old Bass and shut up this Rasheed nonsense FOREVER. /bitterness

Think about it this way. If Rasheed signs with Boston or San Antonio, they can guard Dwight well straight up. We probably don't win that series

I know, and that's a good point. But I'm already upset about the Vince trade (sorry about that, to most of you) and signing Rasheed would only amplify those emotions.

Everything looks good on paper, but... I'm really not feeling any of this. I think losing a career from Courtney Lee for 2 years of Vince Carter is going to bite us for many years to come.

And if we sign this F*** FACE (pardon my bitterness) instead of Bass, that's yet another boneheaded sacrifice, IMO.

Why don't we just trade for Antawn Jamison while we're at it and call it a UNC reunion tour.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

What do some of you guys see in Bass? Doesn't look like he played too much for the Mavs.

The thing I like about Bass is that he can be as solid a role player as anyone else who's available. We have enough star power and scoring for now and I think we need to focus on getting rebounding and defense, both of which I think Bass can excel at.

those fans seem to forget that Sheed didn't want to be in Detroit last year, which explains his stats. He supposedly wanted to be waived so he could go to a contender

quote:

quote:

quote:

My God, sign the 24-year-old Bass and shut up this Rasheed nonsense FOREVER. /bitterness

Think about it this way. If Rasheed signs with Boston or San Antonio, they can guard Dwight well straight up. We probably don't win that series

I know, and that's a good point. But I'm already upset about the Vince trade (sorry about that, to most of you) and signing Rasheed would only amplify those emotions.

Everything looks good on paper, but... I'm really not feeling any of this. I think losing a career from Courtney Lee for 2 years of Vince Carter is going to bite us for many years to come.

And if we sign this F*** FACE (pardon my bitterness) instead of Bass, that's yet another boneheaded sacrifice, IMO.

Why don't we just trade for Antawn Jamison while we're at it and call it a UNC reunion tour.

It is a sacrifice but it appears that the magic are pushing for a championship now and I can live with that. Believe me, I'm not going to get over losing Turk anytime soon. I just loved watching him play for good and for not so good.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I'll take Sheed AND Bass, Gortat sign-and-traded for a reserve PG, and then call it a Summer.

Sheed can definitely teach a thing or two to Dwight, Brandon, and Ryan.

Wow, what a core group of big men to grow with each other for the next 5 yrs.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I'll take Sheed AND Bass, Gortat sign-and-traded for a reserve PG, and then call it a Summer.

Sheed can definitely teach a thing or two to Dwight, Brandon, and Ryan.

Wow, what a core group of big men to grow with each other for the next 5 yrs.

Ya just thinking about that makes me kinda feel sorry for the rest of the east...BUT if we dont end up with Sheed or Bass I will be crushed.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

What do some of you guys see in Bass? Doesn't look like he played too much for the Mavs.

The thing I like about Bass is that he can be as solid a role player as anyone else who's available. We have enough star power and scoring for now and I think we need to focus on getting rebounding and defense, both of which I think Bass can excel at.

Makes sense. Thanks

I would think the Magic want more now though, but I do feel that the Magic are somehow to all these people already.

I wonder if the Magic will explode with a couple of signings the first 3 days of July.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Boston traded a 23 and 11 guy in Al Jefferson and a nice wing in Jeff Green for their title. You think they would take it back?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I would love to see Sheed on this team.

Even if you think he will be useless, just having him on our bench and knowing that he won't be on another contender to play solid D against Dwight has to be worth the Vet Minimum. Right?

He is going to cost a lot more then the vet min, though. That's the issue.