Sign in to follow this  
Darrell_Armstrong

Gortat and New Orleans?

This isn't much of a rumor, but Bill Ingram at Hoopsworld reported that Tyson Chandler may be on the move in New Orleans and they would be looking at Gortat as a replacement.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13111

If Gortat is in the 4-5 million range, perhaps we could look into a sign and trade for James Posey, who would give great defense and shooting off the bench behind Rashard (if he moves to the 3). Rasual Butler is another possibility as an upgrade to JJ behind Vince.

Could NO sign him outright if they move Chandler? If not, what do you all think about Posey or Butler?

This isn't much of a rumor, but Bill Ingram at Hoopsworld reported that Tyson Chandler may be on the move in New Orleans and they would be looking at Gortat as a replacement.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13111

If Gortat is in the 4-5 million range, perhaps we could look into a sign and trade for James Posey, who would give great defense and shooting off the bench behind Rashard (if he moves to the 3). Rasual Butler is another possibility as an upgrade to JJ behind Vince.

Could NO sign him outright if they move Chandler? If not, what do you all think about Posey or Butler?

Posey me.

Three pointers and defense, he's made for the Magic.

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Redick

Pietrus/Posey

Lewis/Anderson

Howard/Wallace

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Posey me.

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Redick

Pietrus/Posey

Lewis/Anderson

Howard/Wallace

couple of things i don't like about that lineup.

1. pietrus starting. he's a better 6th man than starter

2. sheed coming off the bench for howard. i like him starting pf more. would he like coming off the bench to play center?

i still want bass/gortat

Stan would be strategic. If Sheed goes to the bench then we would move Lewis to PF and Posey to SF. If Carter goes to the bench then MP will play SG.

At times we could have Sheed at C, Lewis PF and Posey/MP at SF. That would be a great line up and great bench!

Wallace wouldnt sign to back anyone up. If he's signs here, he's starting. He's not exactly a team first guy. He wants to get his in terms of money and he wants major minutes. And other teams can supply him with that so, if we told him our intent was to bring him off the bench...well, that just wouldnt fly, imo. If we're even interested, which we are, we're looking at him to be that truer type PF to start next to Howard.

With Yao reportedly out for all of next season, I'm guessing the Rockets would target Gortat pretty heavily now. Anyone think we could swing a sign and trade for Shane Battier (salary is a little high for Gortat's value at 6mil), or Carl Landry (a little low at 3mil)?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Posey me.

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Redick

Pietrus/Posey

Lewis/Anderson

Howard/Wallace

couple of things i don't like about that lineup.

1. pietrus starting. he's a better 6th man than starter

2. sheed coming off the bench for howard. i like him starting pf more. would he like coming off the bench to play center?

i still want bass/gortat

Fair enough:

Nelson/Johnson

Carter/Pietrus/Redick

Lewis/Posey

Wallace/Anderson

Howard/FA