Sign in to follow this  
OnlyIntelPosts

How Will Vince even help the Orlando Magic?

As I've been reading all of the posts about Vince and how now the Magic are NBA Champions of the 2009-2010 season, no one has explained why or how Vince will really help except for the fact that he is a "go to scorer"

Let's say Hedo isn't coming back, because he really isn't, the Magic starters will look like Jameer, Vince, Shard/Pietrus, Shard/PF, Dwight/Gortat??

Now, can anyone think of the reason the Magic got to the finals? Match ups, Match ups, and more Match ups.

Boston couldn't really step out and guard Shard and Hedo, but now, more attention can be paid to Shard and Pietrus isn't a mismatch problem for any team. This is the same reason the Magic beat Cleveland, but now, once again the magic have let go of their match up advantages.

By adding a SG like vince, your taking at least 5 additional shots away from all your additional starters, because Vince likes to shoot, and he also likes to have the ball in his hands, (he has always had the ball in his hands.) This is traditionally the same thing as Hedo really, both need the ball.

So all the magic have done is give up a future all star (Courtney Lee), lost their Point-forward, who was inconsistent yet important to the finals runs, and left a whole bunch of black holes in the roster by adding Vince.

Now I know all you homers are discrediting everything Yahoo, the NBA, and ESPN has to say about the magic because you want to be biased. (An example was the initial trade, when everyone was crying about Lee leaving, but when the trade was official, everyone said the trade was excellent, which made me smile).

So I'm not trying to argue with any of you, and I know dumb posts will follow, but I need help listing reason Vince has made this team better, besides his "creating his own shot" routine.

As I've been reading all of the posts about Vince and how now the Magic are NBA Champions of the 2009-2010 season, no one has explained why or how Vince will really help except for the fact that he is a "go to scorer"

Let's say Hedo isn't coming back, because he really isn't, the Magic starters will look like Jameer, Vince, Shard/Pietrus, Shard/PF, Dwight/Gortat??

Now, can anyone think of the reason the Magic got to the finals? Match ups, Match ups, and more Match ups.

Boston couldn't really step out and guard Shard and Hedo, but now, more attention can be paid to Shard and Pietrus isn't a mismatch problem for any team. This is the same reason the Magic beat Cleveland, but now, once again the magic have let go of their match up advantages.

By adding a SG like vince, your taking at least 5 additional shots away from all your additional starters, because Vince likes to shoot, and he also likes to have the ball in his hands, (he has always had the ball in his hands.) This is traditionally the same thing as Hedo really, both need the ball.

So all the magic have done is give up a future all star (Courtney Lee), lost their Point-forward, who was inconsistent yet important to the finals runs, and left a whole bunch of black holes in the roster by adding Vince.

Now I know all you homers are discrediting everything Yahoo, the NBA, and ESPN has to say about the magic because you want to be biased. (An example was the initial trade, when everyone was crying about Lee leaving, but when the trade was official, everyone said the trade was excellent, which made me smile).

So I'm not trying to argue with any of you, and I know dumb posts will follow, but I need help listing reason Vince has made this team better, besides his "creating his own shot" routine.

you're wrong about so much here, i don't even know where to start.

i'll just touch on the ones that annoyed me the most

first...hedo is gone, VC will get his shots and maybe a few more, so i'll ask...how exactly do all the starters lose 5 shots in your mind?

second...your scenario is reliant on the fact that we are going into the season with 8 players under contract...wouldn't you say it's a pretty good bet we're going to add a few more guys? Just a hunch...

third...how is ADDING vince carter a negative for our matchups? You attempted to explain this, but failed. We're dropping courtney lee and turk, we're adding VC. Do you really think VC is easier to guard than lee/turk? Really?

Barring our inability to sign a starting 4, lets break down the starting roster's match-ups of the Eastern conference and the Lakers

Boston-Ray Allen will be ineffective at both guarding Vince Carter and scoring against him. Vince has an athetic and size advantage against Allen. The move allows Pietrus to guard Pierce which is a huge upgrade from Hedo. Vince Carter's slashing ability and star power probably would result in greater foul trouble for Boston's bigs which is an obvious plus

Cleveland-Delonte West on Vinsanity? Is that a joke. We were a miracle away from sweeping them without Cavalier-killer Jameer Nelson. Adding him to the line-up, as well as letting Pietrus guard Lebron from the get-go, gives the Magic a seemingly unneeded advantage.

Lakers-Vince Carter has, statistically, shut-down Kobe. The series wouldn't be competitive if that trend continued.

Carter has better playmaking abilities as a creater than Hedo. His more effective one-on-one play facilitates this. Also, he is NOT a selfish basketball player. I think he'll fit right in and since he seems to be in a truly unique opportunity, for once being in a championship position, he'll buy into whatever SVG is selling.

Look, once you see Carter involved in our high pick and rolls and what he can do both scoring and passing, you will NOT miss Hedo. In addition, he doesn't have Hedo's tendency of fading away on every shot. Hedo even seems to have the amazing ability on fading away on layups.

Disclaimer: I DON'T hate Hedo. Facts are facts, Carter > Hedo, but I wish we could still keep him somehow.

-Charlius-

Do you really believe that Shard can be guarded by smaller sf's? I think Shard will have his best season next year. He will be able to shoot over any sf. Also I believe Vince does not need the ball. He is a really good passer. We also have in VC a guy who is actually capable of taking it strong to the hole and finishing a layup. Also I doubt C Lee is a future all star. He is a good player but come on. Also we will not win a championship with a team that could not rebound. A lot of things had to go our way this year for us to get as far as we did. If not for all of Boston's injuries I doubt we could beat the Celts at full strength. We still need to address our rebounding but this is definitely a step up for us.

Get Sheed and if Gortat doesn't get a crazy offer match it. Then we have

Nelson

Carter

Lewis

Sheed

Howard

Jhonson

JJ

Petrius

Anderson

Gortat

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

yo all i can say is y be negative about this? wuts done is done. IMO we will go the distance. GO MAGIC!

but anyways. Hedo (i love u) was pretty bad in the season if u dont recall, streaky. He is kinda a hog as well, n doesnt make the smartest decisions. Obviously VC is a better offensive player in every aspect. N hes faster n better at defense. Once VC gets a hang of the offense it will be unstopable. Jameer is back, and IMO he is way better then alston. N can shoot better then most point gaurds. Dwight will be even better. Lewis i hope will stay just as great and he has that drive to win a ring. Now the missing link isnt as important as we make it out to be. We dont need another force on offense at the forward position. We can jus sub it for defense.

N Ryan Anderson is perfect fit for backup offense. If we need to dish it to him he will always make the 3 pointer or mid range shot. N he will crash the boards. Gortat has height on a lotta players as well.

I HOPE FOR THE BESt 2010. N i hope the rest of u instead of hoping we fail and VC chokes (exadurating ur thoughts) VC has another amazing year and we appear in the finals again.

GO MAGICCC

I'll just say that the Nets sucked and thus they didn't get any national attention on TV or otherwise. That being said, most of us have only seen maybe a Vince dunk or buzzer beater on ESPN and the games when the Magic played the Nets.

We all know the young air Canada from Toronto and I think that's where a lot of bonehead posts about Vince being a detriment to this team are coming from.

Vince brings better scoring and playmaking to the team than Hedo, and he finishes at the hole and can play more defense. Vince has a championship within reach and I guarantee he'll be a teamplayer and do what he has to do.

Ok onlyintelposts, you should change your name, because thats dumb.

Im so tired of turk.... His best year was 2 years ago, he should have been an all-star...im still ticked.

Anyways i got off track...He had so many off nights last season that it made my head spin, he did come through pretty well in about half the playoff games but i mean he would tease more than he would actuelly come through.

I believe that with VC the same types of plays can be run but with more athleticism and with more consistant decison making

Last season at least twice a game hedo would do something so dumb that i just had to laugh.

Vince doesnt make as many head scratching plays.

This is actually quite easy to answer.

In Battie and Alston the Magic had over 11 mil tied up in two backups, one of which wasn't even assured of rotation time (Battie). Productivity wise you look at our weakest starting position and you see the 2 spot with neon flashing lights(considering Nelson the starting 1). So Otis takes these contracts along with the current starting 2 guard and trades for Vince Carter, a player with a skill set comparable to Hedo's, only he is better at executing it.

Our shooting guard spot is now upgraded for at least the next 3 years thanks to this trade. This also doesn't mention the fact that while Battie was making 6 mil to likely not play or play limetedly, we also got a 4 in Anderson that happens to have a skill set highly prized in our system. Upgrade the starting 2 spot, upgrade the backup 4 spot. Done and done. Brilliant trade.