Sign in to follow this  
Goulet

Something to think about with roster rotation

Everyone keeps talking about how we need another starting caliber SF/PF and although I dont think it would hurt, I dont see it as being necessary. We have a versatile team and with the way Pietrus and Lewis can slide around, all we really need is an SF to play about 10-15 minutes. If you start

Nelson

Carter

Pietrus

Lewis

Howard

Then Lewis can slide down and and play 10-15 minutes at SF when Pietrus comes out with Anderson backing up the PF for 20-25 minutes. In this scenario, Pietrus would only have to play about 25 minutes like he did last year and we would be relying on JJ to give us about 12 minutes a night(So that might be a problem, but you could give more minutes to Pietrus by letting him slide down to back up SG on nights when JJ doesnt match up well) Also if we are able to sign Gortat then Howard and Gortat can play together occasionally allowing Lewis more minutes at SF.

So...long story short, we definitely could use another starting caliber player but it is not vital as long as we can sign a couple decent bench players, especially an SF to play about 15 minutes.

Everyone keeps talking about how we need another starting caliber SF/PF and although I dont think it would hurt, I dont see it as being necessary. We have a versatile team and with the way Pietrus and Lewis can slide around, all we really need is an SF to play about 10-15 minutes. If you start

Nelson

Carter

Pietrus

Lewis

Howard

Then Lewis can slide down and and play 10-15 minutes at SF when Pietrus comes out with Anderson backing up the PF for 20-25 minutes. In this scenario, Pietrus would only have to play about 25 minutes like he did last year and we would be relying on JJ to give us about 12 minutes a night(So that might be a problem, but you could give more minutes to Pietrus by letting him slide down to back up SG on nights when JJ doesnt match up well) Also if we are able to sign Gortat then Howard and Gortat can play together occasionally allowing Lewis more minutes at SF.

So...long story short, we definitely could use another starting caliber player but it is not vital as long as we can sign a couple decent bench players, especially an SF to play about 15 minutes.

nelson and jj together is bad. nelson can't pass, poor defense, etc. jj would be useless on offense because he would never see the ball. jj is better of the bench. jacklj

I have grown ok with JJ coming off the bench for 10-15 mins a game. While I hate all things Duke, JJ is growing on me. JJ as a full time starter however......

JJ earned a spot in the rotation after the playoffs. Considering Vince's age they might want to limit his minutes so JJ needs to be effective off of the bench.

Pietrus is a defense/energy guy, which is great as the 6th man but not as effective if he is starting the whole year.