Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Player Grades: Mr. JJ Redick

quote:
Originally posted by Boy from the Hood:

quote:
Originally posted by Joe_PR:

Please stop feeding the troll.

What is your definition of a troll. Someone who tells the truth?

You would probably get the respect you deserve in this forum if you toned it down just a little bit, and added a picture of a big red lion to your signature.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Boy from the Hood:

quote:
Originally posted by Joe_PR:

Please stop feeding the troll.

What is your definition of a troll. Someone who tells the truth?

You would probably get the respect you deserve in this forum if you toned it down just a little bit, and added a picture of a big red lion to your signature.

Seriously, there was an Arroyo thread that was locked out earlier for lesser foolishness. Boy from the hood, you're really not accomplishing anything here. If you're a Magic fan and want to be a part of this forum, then just drop it and let's talk about current events directly related to Magic basketball. I'm sure everyone else is ready to drop it. If not, then all you're doing is confirming that you are a troll and opening yourself up to being barred from taking part in any further discussions by the moderators. Speaking of which, where are those guys when you really need them?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

JJ's start to the season is a Z-. started off the season 0-10 and didnt hit his first basket until the 11th game of the season. The rest of november was filled with several bad shooting performances such as Nov. 22 against houston, nov 29th against Indiana, and Nov 27th against washington.

Despite playing significantly less minutes, Redick's december was a lot better. In the 8 games he played in his shooting never went below 40%

January he continued to improve his shooting % and had a string of 4 double digit scoring games.

February was a step back for him as he had a terrible game every other time he got on the court. March and April continued that trend.

He really stepped up in the playoffs. game 6 @philly and the first 2 games @boston may have been his best 3 game streak of the season.

Overall I think C- is fair for him. His start to the season sucked but he played well in streaks. 39% shooting is something he really needs to improve on.

Can't argue with that I'm shock by ur grade I really thought u would bash him I'm surprise

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

JJ's start to the season is a Z-. started off the season 0-10 and didnt hit his first basket until the 11th game of the season. The rest of november was filled with several bad shooting performances such as Nov. 22 against houston, nov 29th against Indiana, and Nov 27th against washington.

Despite playing significantly less minutes, Redick's december was a lot better. In the 8 games he played in his shooting never went below 40%

January he continued to improve his shooting % and had a string of 4 double digit scoring games.

February was a step back for him as he had a terrible game every other time he got on the court. March and April continued that trend.

He really stepped up in the playoffs. game 6 @philly and the first 2 games @boston may have been his best 3 game streak of the season.

Overall I think C- is fair for him. His start to the season sucked but he played well in streaks. 39% shooting is something he really needs to improve on.

Can't argue with that I'm shock by ur grade I really thought u would bash him I'm surprise

I will have to chime in and up JJ's grade to a C+ just because of pure effort and dedication. He needed to get faster, stronger and improve his defense. I think he did that. I think he spent so much time doing that, that it affected his offense. Suddenly he is jumping a little higher, and has more muscle on his shot. JJ had a consistent form, and textbook shot, but over the summer, his increasing strength and athleticism (did I just use that word about JJ?) altered his release point and the effort required for each shot. I think his percentages from beginning to end of the season are directly related to him adjusting to the additional strength and speed. If he can manage to make gains in athleticism this summer, he will need to be more concious of adjusting his shot in increments to compensate for the changes in his body. I hope he now has a better idea of how to put it all together. The dedication and work ethic are definitely there, and the results are beginning to show. No way he gives us valuable minutes against Boston a year or two ago. A lot of guys with "star" backgrounds and/or "potential" come into the league and are busts because they lack the drive, the work ethic, the basketball IQ, or their ego gets in the way. (Kwame Brown, anyone?) I am not a huge JJ fan, and I wish we could have kept CLee and traded JJ; but I do have to give JJ credit for putting his head down, and working his a** off to improve his weaknesses.