Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

NCAA 10 Video Game

Really random, but I'm pissed.

I just saw the covers for PS3, 360,PS2 and PSP. Four different cover athletes, NONE of them Pat White. The guy was the best player in NCAA for the last FOUR years! Where's the respect?!

I just saw the covers for PS3, 360,PS2 and PSP. Four different cover athletes, NONE of them Pat White. The guy was the best player in NCAA for the last FOUR years! Where's the respect?!

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

if he was, then why did he never win the Heisman or get drafted in the 1st round? Epic fail

When was the last time the Heisman went to the deserving player?

4-0 Bowl Record (Only QB ever)

NCAA QB Rushing Record

Big East TD Record (Any position)

The numbers don't lie, the kid dominated for his entire career, not just one or two years like other guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, and he's the only player to ever throw for 200 and run for 200 in a game.

quote:

NCAA QB Rushing Record

The numbers don't lie, the kid dominated for his entire career, not just one or two years like other guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, and he's the only player to ever throw for 200 and run for 200 in a game.

don't act like the Big East is known for their defenses. Pitt, West Virginia, Lousiville, etc. are all examples of teams who win their games by shootouts. Maybe if he had those stats in larger conferences like the Big Ten or SEC, he would have been a sure Heisman winner

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

NCAA QB Rushing Record

don't act like the Big East is known for their defenses. Pitt, West Virginia, Lousiville, etc. are all examples of teams who win their games by shootouts. Maybe if he had those stats in larger conferences like the Big Ten or SEC, he would have been a sure Heisman winner

People said the same thing during the McFadden/Slaton Heisman debate. One year in the NFL and looks like I was right, Slaton was better. The SEC does have a couple great defenses, but make no mistake, there's a lot of bad offenses. Same goes for the Big 10, except they don't have any great defenses, it's just all bad offense.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

NCAA QB Rushing Record

People said the same thing during the McFadden/Slaton Heisman debate. One year in the NFL and looks like I was right, Slaton was better. The SEC does have a couple great defenses, but make no mistake, there's a lot of bad offenses. Same goes for the Big 10, except they don't have any great defenses, it's just all bad offense.

yeah, i guess Penn State's top 3 o-line in the nation, trio of wide recievers, and Heisman candidate quarterback makes the Big Ten have bad offenses. And their top 5 defense must be a mistake, right?

Many don't understand or respect how Big Ten offenses work. They are the defintion of smashmouth football. They don't like relying on big plays to score; they would much rather drive it down your throat, tire out your defense, and kill some clock. You often find bruiser runnningbacks come out of the Big Ten, like Chris "Beanie" Wells, PJ Hill, Shonn Greene, Mike Hart, Antonio Pittman, Javon Ringer, Rashrd Mendenhall, etc. And you will find smaller, quicker backs, but more than likely they are a 3rd down back if they see any time whatsoever. Sometimes you'll see offenses run what appears to be completely different to the Big Ten style of play, like Penn State with the Spread HD, but in reality, it is still the same scheme, where you (usually) run the ball on first and second down and let the down and distance dictate your next play call. And to say that defenses in the Big Ten are "mediocre" or "sub-par" is absurd. Example from this year, Penn State 13 Ohio State 6. How could anyone say that the Big Ten lacks defense? If this doesn't convince you, look at the winners of the Bednarik and Butkus award winners in the past 10-15 years. Or, look at last year's team defense rankings.

The Big East definetly lacks defense, as i said before. West Virginia is notorious for their great option offense and lackluster defense. Many Big East teams also lack the great defenses seen in larger conferences, only because it is a conference full of younger teams who aren't able to bring in the blue chip recruits that powerhouse schools can.

Now to compare Slaton to McFadden based on this past year's stats is completely unfair and here's why:

1) Slaton started at Houston without any competition for the starting job

2) McFadden was a 3rd down back behind Justin Fargas

3) McFadden played 3/4 of the year with turf toe and since his running success is determined by how well he can cut, his play was greatly skewed

4) Oakland has one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL