Sign in to follow this  
JRam027

I KNOW that we all KNOW Kornheiser doesn't KNOW anything..

quote:
Originally posted by Twelve:

Tony is niether a personality nor a Analyst, he's a sports writer.

Barkely is a personality

... and an Analyst is anyone you pay to analyze something, if this is not the case how can your average ex-basketball player be an "Analyst" but someone (as in Tony) who's been writing about sports for about as long as some of these people been alive not be considered one?

That's like making the claim Jim Murray was an analyst. Not many here would no of him because they're to high on thier daily dose of comic posts on the Orlando Sentinel. The good thing about the Magic making it this far, is we're spared from feature sport stories about the octavarian winning five gold medals at the Polk Senior games.

I agree that he probably doesn't watch Magic games enough to know the team details ... I was just surprised to read people saying that he doesn't "know anything", but in the same breath say things like "at least Wilbon ... blah, blah". Wilbon flip-flops on things more than a fish out of water!

I don't have a problem with either TK or Mike Wilbon, but my point was that some people make disparaging statements (that are often untrue) simply because the person doesn't have the same viewpoint as they did.

case in point: If O.J. Simpson and Mike Vick had picked the Magic over the Cavs or Lakers, I'd be reading about how they are stand up citizens ... and if Gandhi would have picked against the Magic he'd be called an evil anti-christ.

I don't hold it against him that he's picking the Lakers. I'm saying I don't care who he picks, because he's there for entertainment value and nothing more. He's a personality. Kornheiser and Wilbon are both going to pick the Lakers, but there has to be some area of disagreement. Kornheiser gave us absolutely no shot in the interest of a debate. If they agreed on everything that show would no longer exist.