Sign in to follow this  
Wharf Rat

Marv Albert is a clown

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by b2theizzo:

I counted the amounts of times he said "YES" in Game 6...even though Orlando scored more points than Cleveland (deserved more yeses I would assume) and was at home (more momentum) he still gave Cleveland 6 more "Yeses" than he did Orlando or close to that, it's been a while.

So I don't think chalking it up to being his trademark is fair, the dude was biased through the series and always had more "yes"s for Cleveland than Orlando, it wasn't an accident.

Wow, I think you may need medication bud. Counting the number of times that Marv Albert says "yes" in a 3 hour broadcast is "shouldn't live on your own" insane.

Magic fans love feeling like they are always the underdog. Or maybe we are just use to it and success makes us uncomfortable.

Thanks for posting again in this thread Peter. We're good.

All sarcastic "bud"'s and personal attacks aside, it was like 9-3 from what I counted. So that's actually a pretty big discrepancy.

Sorry if I noticed a large descrepancy in the amount of times a professional broadcaster that is supposed to be unbiased cheered for the most marketable player in the NBA. The thing is though, I'm not "insane," he did cheer for the Cavs and I think the amount of times he said "Yes" is indicative of him not being objective, which is his obligation as a journalist.

I don't care, there's nobody that can call a game better than Dennis Neumann (SP?). I like it when they show film of the Magic with Dennis' voice over. There are times when I connect to the radio feed on the internet and watch the TV at the same time especially on the away games.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

I counted the amounts of times he said "YES" in Game 6...even though Orlando scored more points than Cleveland (deserved more yeses I would assume) and was at home (more momentum) he still gave Cleveland 6 more "Yeses" than he did Orlando or close to that, it's been a while.

So I don't think chalking it up to being his trademark is fair, the dude was biased through the series and always had more "yes"s for Cleveland than Orlando, it wasn't an accident.

Wow, I think you may need medication bud. Counting the number of times that Marv Albert says "yes" in a 3 hour broadcast is "shouldn't live on your own" insane.

Magic fans love feeling like they are always the underdog. Or maybe we are just use to it and success makes us uncomfortable.

Thanks for posting again in this thread Peter. We're good.

All sarcastic "bud"'s and personal attacks aside, it was like 9-3 from what I counted. So that's actually a pretty big discrepancy.

Sorry if I noticed a large descrepancy in the amount of times a professional broadcaster that is supposed to be unbiased cheered for the most marketable player in the NBA. The thing is though, I'm not "insane," he did cheer for the Cavs and I think the amount of times he said "Yes" is indicative of him not being objective, which is his obligation as a journalist.

First, lets clear something up. Marv Albert is not a journalist. He is an announcer. There is no journalistic integrity that he has to abide by. Its no different than Matt Guokas and David Steele openly rooting for the Magic when they call games. So, in theory, if Marv Albert wanted to root for the Cavs while he called the game he is entitled to do so. I seem to recall Jeff Van Gundy doing it in the finals so it evens out, right?

Secondly, you can do whatever you want to do with your free time. You can set kittens on fire for all I care. If searching for reasons to be outraged is your thing I say go for it. I just prefer living my life without thinking the world hate me, my team, and whatever else I value.