Sign in to follow this  
MagicDOLPHIN

JUST IMAGINE THIS....

WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE 2004 DRAFT THE ORLANDO MAGIC SELCET EMEKA OAKFOR

can you imagine if the magic did that... wow we wouldnt have seen the finals for another 20 years...

can you imagine if the magic did that... wow we wouldnt have seen the finals for another 20 years...

i read the espn article about dwight in highschool and i told my best friend this kid is gonna be the pick and hes gonna be the right choice and my friend said i was nuts oakfor would be better...

you guys are gonna laugh.. but i didn't want Howard or Okafor back then. I wanted Shaun Livingston. I thought this guy was gonna be the best player from that draft and one of the top guards in the league. A 6'8 pg with court vision. Some even said it was Ervin Johnson esque.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Durantuala35:

you guys are gonna laugh.. but i didn't want Howard or Okafor back then. I wanted Shaun Livingston. I thought this guy was gonna be the best player from that draft and one of the top guards in the league. A 6'8 pg with court vision. Some even said it was Ervin Johnson esque.

yea i had a man crush on livingston too but hey we may have gotten the best guard in the draft anyways... Jameer Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

You know what LOL i was hoping for Okafor in the draft. When we got Howard i was booing cause i didnt know anything about him. All you saw on tv was everybody talking about Okafor. How great hes gonna be in the NBA. Thank god i wasnt the GM that made that pick. I wouldve been fired.

Hah, I was angry we took Howard over Okafor...then after the draft I told my friend, if Howard would be like Amare Stoudamire was when he came out, I could live with that...MAN AM I GLAD WE TOOK HOWARD and we didnt go with my decisiion

All i know back than was... Oakfor was more nba ready than Howard but down the line Howard could be the better player. It would have made sense to take Oakfor since we still had t-mac and he needed help immediately but it was clear we were going to rebuild.

Now i was really hoping for Jameer Nelson in that draft. I really like him at st joseph. His size kind of was a problem but he made up for it in his scoring and passing. He played like a street ball player and i liked that. Didnt know if that would be good in the NBA but wanted to really see. But i still cant remember what we traded to get Jameer in the draft. I believe Denver drafted him but what did we trade for him? If anybody knows.