Sign in to follow this  
brolando

Talk **** to Cavs Fans.

quote:
Aren't you advocating talking more crap to opposing fans? You're not going to stop people from drinking at games, nor should you, and you're saying people should make it a hostile environment for opposing fans. Seems to me like this would lead to more fights.

I don't see how that's a good thing, nor do I see how any of this has anything to do with keeping players in Orlando.

everybody hates philly fans for being jerks. Why do we need to be hated to watch a game. I would say something to other teams fans during a game just like i have when i go to FSU football games.

But to advocate becoming like eagles fans is dumb. They have the worst knee jerk reations to any loss. You're taking examples from the wrong fan base.

Great fans are loud, organized, and always supportive. Not threatening and obnoxious.

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

although brolando went a little overboard, you've got to admit he makes a good point.

our crowd isn't as good as it could be. now ive only been to one Magic game in my life, and that was game one this year against Philly. reasons being: lifelong Magic fan who just got a car, and i live in Jacksonville. BUT. if i lived in Orlando, i would be at EVERY game, cheering loud enough that you would hear me and specifically me on TV.

and let fans of the opposing team know: sure we respect your decision of going against us, but your team WILL lose. and at the very least we're going to do the best we can to make that happen. let the players know we care and that they are wanted, so Waq and Me-Mac's don't happen again.

the Magic are our team, and we have to support them 100%!

Spot on.

quote:

let the players know we care and that they are wanted, so Waq and Me-Mac's don't happen again.

Neither of those situations had anything to do with the fans, and being a dick to people wouldn't have changed anything about them.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Great fans are loud, organized, and always supportive. Not threatening and obnoxious.

"loud, organized, and supportive" - OK, we're not loud, we sure as heck aren't organized, and for the most part, Orlando is only supportive within the past few days because they hopped on the bandwagon.

Can I ask you a question in hopes that you'll respond honestly? ... Does it bother you that roughly 4,000 out of 20,000 fans at the game last night were wearing LeBron shirts/WITNESS tees/Cavs Jerseys? Or am I the only one?

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

let the players know we care and that they are wanted, so Waq and Me-Mac's don't happen again.

Neither of those situations had anything to do with the fans, and being a dick to people wouldn't have changed anything about them.

true, but with our fans can you really blame them? in McGrady's case, you couple the inability to get out of the first round with casual fans, and what would you want to stay for?

quote:

So, on the record... You're saying that Shaq and T-Mac didn't stick around for other reasons besides a ho-hum fan base - there's really no way for you to prove that, but I won't dispute it. Regardless...

Don't you think that talented athletes are influenced by the passion of the fan-base when they decide to play somewhere long-term?

Is this really such a hard concept to grasp?

quote:
Originally posted by brolando:

quote:

"loud, organized, and supportive" - OK, we're not loud, we sure as heck aren't organized, and for the most part, Orlando is only supportive within the past few days because they hopped on the bandwagon.

Can I ask you a question in hopes that you'll respond honestly? ... Does it bother you that roughly 4,000 out of 20,000 fans at the game last night were wearing LeBron shirts/WITNESS tees/Cavs Jerseys? Or am I the only one?

It doesn't bother me one bit. People are free to do whatever they want and to cheer for whoever they want. And with Orlando being an area where almost no one living there was born there, it's not surprising either.

What you're talking about isn't really indicative of the Magic fanbase, it's really more about the make up of the Orlando area. It is what it is.

quote:

quote:

yes it does bother me. but the only cavs fans around me were this family in the last row with 2 9yr olds who yelled alot during pregame but i couldnt hear them during the game.

I, as a 20 yr old college student, cannot fall to the level of screwing with a guy in front of his kids or his kids directly.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Brolando.... next game, you need to meet Tony. I think you two will get along famously!

*sighs*

I'd be happy to meet Tony. Together, he and I will go buy some Jaeger-Bombs for the Cavs fans at Game 6. Then we'll take them out for a nice steak dinner.

quote:

quote:

So, on the record... You're saying that Shaq and T-Mac didn't stick around for other reasons besides a ho-hum fan base - there's really no way for you to prove that, but I won't dispute it. Regardless...

Don't you think that talented athletes are influenced by the passion of the fan-base when they decide to play somewhere long-term?

Is this really such a hard concept to grasp?

It's not a hard concept to grasp, it's just wrong.

And yes, I am saying that neither Shaq nor T-Mac's departures happened because they thought the fans didn't like them.

ill give credit where its due, the game i went to the crowd was loud, rowdy, and truly passionate. but it seems like the passion has diminished with each heartbreaking buzzer beater, and thats disappointing, especially with this teams achievements this season