Sign in to follow this  
brolando

Talk **** to Cavs Fans.

quote:
Originally posted by brolando:

So, on the record... You're saying that Shaq and T-Mac didn't stick around for other reasons besides a ho-hum fan base - there's really no way for you to prove that, but I won't dispute it. Regardless...

Shaq left because he wanted a shot at Hollywood. T-Mac left because we never successfully built a team around him...and he saw greener pastures with Ming...can't say that I blame him...but I'm glad he is gone...he is talented, but LAZY.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

What you're talking about isn't really indicative of the Magic fanbase, it's really more about the make up of the Orlando area. It is what it is.

Exactly.

quote:

Let me ask you this: How many players on the Magic right now do you think are considering leaving when they get a chance because they don't think the fans care about them?

uhh....possibly Turk.....

quote:

quote:

Let me ask you this: How many players on the Magic right now do you think are considering leaving when they get a chance because they don't think the fans care about them?

I think any superstar caliber player on any team in the NBA with a weak fan-base: the Bobcats, the Grizzlies, the Clippers, the Thunder, the Warriors, the Magic, etc would rather play the sport they love in a market that is passionate and appreciates what they do.

I don't think that Lewis or DH are sitting around pondering how to get out of their contracts. But when faced with an opportunity to go to a city with a serious fan base, as opposed to Orlando (bandwagon yuppies doing the funky chicken in the stands with the white-man-underbite), they would definitely opt for the serious sports town.

Even if the "serious sports town" had a bad team, and the Magic were on the verge of winning a championship?

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Were you at the game last night? That wasn't loud?

Oh, yeah...and **** you...I have been a die hard fan of this franchise since the early 90's (when I moved here)...and have spent alot of money on tickets during that time. **** off and grow up.

Yes, I was at the game - one of about 15 fans consistently cheering in section 216. The game had its moments, but you're living in a small-town bubble if you think that was loud by sports standards. It's not intended as an insult - it's a fact. I've been to Eagles pep rallies that were louder. No joke.

I'm not exactly sure why you're so angry. Perhaps it's the comment I made about yuppies wearing Tommy Bahama shirts (own a few?). Perhaps you're taking my comments to heart. Either way, I will NOT resort to telling you to *** OFF or to EAT **** - after all, you're a fellow Magic fan, and I have nothing but love for you.

quote:

But when faced with an opportunity to go to a city with a serious fan base, as opposed to Orlando (bandwagon yuppies doing the funky chicken in the stands with the white-man-underbite), they would definitely opt for the serious sports town.

Yeah...thats why they signed FA contracts here.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

But when faced with an opportunity to go to a city with a serious fan base, as opposed to Orlando (bandwagon yuppies doing the funky chicken in the stands with the white-man-underbite), they would definitely opt for the serious sports town.

Yeah...thats why they signed FA contracts here. Go **** yourself.

okay everyone, this thread has gotten WAAAY out of hand and off topic. the point he's trying to get across is if your at the games, be loud, get the people around you to be loud, and support this team to the fullest. and stop saying things that indicate you dont care like "it is what it is". support your freakin team!

quote:

quote:

I think any superstar caliber player on any team in the NBA with a weak fan-base: the Bobcats, the Grizzlies, the Clippers, the Thunder, the Warriors, the Magic, etc would rather play the sport they love in a market that is passionate and appreciates what they do.

I don't think that Lewis or DH are sitting around pondering how to get out of their contracts. But when faced with an opportunity to go to a city with a serious fan base, as opposed to Orlando (bandwagon yuppies doing the funky chicken in the stands with the white-man-underbite), they would definitely opt for the serious sports town.

Whatever.

I agree with the post to a certain extent. We need to show more aggression, or maybe enthusiasm is a better word but there are kids there, there shouldnt be fights or intimidation or yelling at other teams fans.

I think the team will respond to just good natured clean yelling and cheering support.