Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

God?

I pretty much gave up on trying to discuss this topic when someone actually said believing in a GOD is not faith, the burden is on those that do not believe to prove it doesn't and compared it to the theory of relativity. That is a joke and i lol'ed out loud at that.

But then again...

If god is "all knowing" and he loves everyone equally, and basketball is consisted of human beings, and human beings are effected by the outcome of this "simple"..."not important" basketball game, why wouldnt he decide to give a lil luck to the team that had 5 prayers over 4?

lol im just jabberin..

my point is...I dont know how god works and neither do you..so lets not be so sure as to what he thinks is important..and what is not=)

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

I bet if some of us said a little prayer for the magic on sunday it would increase our chances of winning by alot=) what u think? (non believers)

That is really a ridiculous thing to say, no offense. Do you really think if there is indeed a God he cares if the Magic win? What if more people pray that Boston will win? Does that mean God doesn't love you? How do you know he is even a basketball fan? Personally, I would hope he is worried about more important things than a silly basketball game.

i believe in the sports gods that control jinxes and karma.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

I pretty much gave up on trying to discuss this topic when someone actually said believing in a GOD is not faith, the burden is on those that do not believe to prove it doesn't and compared it to the theory of relativity. That is a joke and i lol'ed out loud at that.

+1

what do you have to lose?

if you believe...you dont lose..you WIN

if you dont believe...you flat out LOSE=)

its win win, if you believe..

its lose lose, if you dont...

whats so hard=)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

I bet if some of us said a little prayer for the magic on sunday it would increase our chances of winning by alot=) what u think? (non believers)

That is really a ridiculous thing to say, no offense. Do you really think if there is indeed a God he cares if the Magic win? What if more people pray that Boston will win? Does that mean God doesn't love you? How do you know he is even a basketball fan? Personally, I would hope he is worried about more important things than a silly basketball game.

i believe in the sports gods that control jinxes and karma.

as do I.

first of all i don't mean to come off as a pompous atheist ******* as i hate those people and i think they give atheists a bad name.

Im not religious because the bible is ridiculous and when my family went to church other people seemed to believe it literally and that was a huge turn off.

I always hated going but it was a family thing so i just shut up and participated. My family went to church until it didn't become worth it anymore. For reasons that I wont get into because lets face it, no one really wants to hear about other peoples problems, my family went through a rough time and needed emotional support and the church didn't want to provide it because we didn't give our usual $30 to the collection thing.

So we stopped going to church. I dont think anyone in my family really believed that heavily in religion so it didnt make a difference.

That ended my experience with religion.

Now I don't believe in God because I tend to view the world rationally. Everything in the world obeys set laws. One can understand the purpose of making up a 'heaven' as a way to deal with depression, anxiety, and apathy when facing death. One can understand the purpose of making up a 'hell' as a way to threaten people into behaving. These examples also apply to the rest of the rules in the Torah and New Testament.

Im tired of writing so I'll just respond to the next person.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

+1

whats so hard=)

your assuming that you will be rewarded by believing. What if there is a god and he rewards those who weren't religious? Then you would be in a lose lose scenario.

Just because you go to church doesnt make you a good person. Priests commit murder all the time. In fact..church people are probably the craziest people on the planet lol. You can have the most faith in the world without even going to church. You dont have to believe the bible. You just gotta have faith that there is a god. Pray! why not? what harm can it do other than prove that there is a god. Pray for little things, pray for everything, you can judge from there=)

whats so hard=)

your assuming that you will be rewarded by believing. What if there is a god and he rewards those who weren't religious? Then you would be in a lose lose scenario.

well this is what "I" believe. And ill believe till the day I die. And if god doesnt reward me for believing in him and im in a lose lose scenario...then i'd be ONEEEEEE BIGGGGGGG LOSERRRRRRR=)

quote:

whats so hard=)

well this is what "I" believe. And ill believe till the day I die. And if god doesnt reward me for believing in him and im in a lose lose scenario...then i'd be ONEEEEEE BIGGGGGGG LOSERRRRRRR=)

Right, but just believing isnt enough to constitute an argument.