Sign in to follow this  
Guardian

Dwight Post Game

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

He called himself dominant, and said he needs more touches (remember Shaq's feud with SVG? and Shaq was way better offensively than Dwight back then). Then he goes on blaming the coaches left and right. He didn't own up to any of his mistakes and kept talking about other's mistakes. He keeps talking the talk about he has to be the leader and focus on defense (remember his postgame after game1 and 3 wins?), but he is yet to do that two games in a row. That is not mature professional behavior.

If he intimidated on defense, then things would ease up for the team. It doesn't matter whether he has 3 fouls or not. Don't let people score easy basket. Gortat is very qualified to play if Dwight fouls out.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

While agree that his defense was pretty bad this game, you have to consider his foul trouble and him avoiding the fouls... But yeah, the defense was bad...

BUT how did his conference show that he hasn't matured? He did own up to [the whole team] not playing good defense and just simply stated his observation, which was also my observation that Stan does not trust his players enough to keep them in the game even when those set of players "work". But really though I agree with him... FIVE minutes without scoring and you DONT go to your big man? Sometime within that scoring drought you MUST go inside to Dwight!

I mean he may not make the shot attempt but you have to keep feeding him, that's the only way to get him in a rhythm. You cant give him ONE shot attempt every 4 mins... that's awful!

Actually Dwight never called out anyone's name except for Stan. He consistently said "team"... Now seeing that he is a part of the "team" then one should assume that he is including himself

I'd call out SVG because our offense blows in the final minutes. And we need to involve Howard more in the offense and it doesn't just have to be post ups. Where has that alley oop been? Why do we always ignore him off screens? And why does eveyone stand around when he does have the ball in the post? Watch other teams feed the post and we are the worst.

And I'd rather feed Howard the ball then let rafer shoot or throw a horrible lob. I am sick of this team expecting Howard to clean up all their garbage threes and lay ups too.

He consistently said "the coaches" or "the coaching staff".

quote:

Actually Dwight never called out anyone's name except for Stan. He consistently said "team"... Now seeing that he is a part of the "team" then one should assume that he is including himself

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

wow, interesting...

Kamla pissing me off there during all the post game stuff...

yeah me too... I didnt sense any panic in the guys' voices or statements. They jsut simly answered the questions they were asked. Shard's words were actually words of temporary disappointment but hope for another days which is game 6. Stan was obviously just upset that his players didnt listen to him and let the game slip away. Dwight seemed like he was just pointing out errors that need to be corrected but his interview could be seen in a different light

Where are these statements airing by Rashard??

quote:

quote:

wow, interesting...

yeah me too... I didnt sense any panic in the guys' voices or statements. They jsut simly answered the questions they were asked. Shard's words were actually words of temporary disappointment but hope for another days which is game 6. Stan was obviously just upset that his players didnt listen to him and let the game slip away. Dwight seemed like he was just pointing out errors that need to be corrected but his interview could be seen in a different light

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

Dwight is right!

the line up with Gortat worked really well. We should have stuck to it!

Man I agree. Gortat needs more minutes. He was playing great. I love how he moves his feet on defense and keeps balls alive. We'd better resign him at all cost.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

He consistently said "the coaches" or "the coaching staff".

quote:

Yes he did, BUT with reference to substitutions and getting more touches

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Where are these statements airing by Rashard??

quote:

quote:

wow, interesting...

idk I watched his interview on NBA tv

quote:
Originally posted by Too Nice:

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

Dwight does NOT deliver! That's why he doesn't get the ball. Period

who does deliver on this team?

Gortat did deliver tonight but he played a quarter of Dwights minutes. Should have been opposite, especially tonight!