Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

So... the first round is set. Orlando Magic v. Chicago Bulls. DISCUSS!!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

WITH BULLS

February: 5 games - 15ppg

March: 15 games - 21.33ppg

April: 5 games - 15.2ppg

that's an average of 17.2ppg with the Bulls, if you average the averages...

I was going to leave you alone on this one until you said later you are a stats guy and take the numbers seriously. As such, you should know better than to 'average the averages' like that.

As far as 'nit picking', well, that seems to be his defense when called on out things that are blatantly wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

WITH BULLS

I was going to leave you alone on this one until you said later you are a stats guy and take the numbers seriously. As such, you should know better than to 'average the averages' like that.

As far as 'nit picking', well, that seems to be his defense when called on out things that are blatantly wrong.

the only reason the averages were averaged is to prove there is no quantifiable way the player is averaging 21ppg with the Bulls no matter how you cut it. The only way it was possible was to take the average from a select month...he then states that he discredits certain games, and well, that's just ridiculous...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

WITH BULLS

the only reason the averages were averaged is to prove there is no quantifiable way the player is averaging 21ppg with the Bulls no matter how you cut it. The only way it was possible was to take the average from a select month...he then states that he discredits certain games, and well, that's just ridiculous...

how is that ridiculous?...we're not robots, we can view "relevant" stats and throw out statistically misleading data...

why would i count a game that he was hurt, barely played or didn't start?...

if you choose not to then fair enough, but to consider it "ridiculous" to use clean data doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

well that is the wall we are up against, making sense and not making sense...

you made a blanket statement that he averaged over 21ppg...then we find out, you only count games where he was 100%...this isn't a TNT blurb breaking down how well a player does in games played on Holidays, you said average with the Bulls...I'm not sure if you are using a specific sample to make Salmons appear to be a better player or not, but I'm sure I can throw together some staggering numbers from some of our guys in specific parameters if you like...that's not how we view averages though, if data was collected, it's tallied into the averages...

how many games did Kobe play last season with that finger injury? we better go back and deduct those games from his averages, to be fair to the LA fans and all...

whilst it means very little to me, I'll continue to discuss it, it's amusing...

I think the Magic will need to set the defense tone early in Game 1 and not let it be a winable game for Chicago. We can't afford this come from behind mentality like we've seen the past month or so. If they get Game 1 they could rally to maybe even get this series who knows. Like they said, they have quite a home court advantage. NBA best Dallas lost to Golden State a few seasons ago guys because of a lack of focus!

I still like the Magic in the series but am a little bit of skeptic of this playoff ignite thing. If we play with urgency I think we could take them in 5 games. If the intensity is lost maybe even a Game 7 with a Ben Gordon shot away from one of the most embarassing moments in franchise history!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

I think the Magic will need to set the defense tone early in Game 1 and not let it be a winable game for Chicago. We can't afford this come from behind mentality like we've seen the past month or so. If they get Game 1 they could rally to maybe even get this series who knows. Like they said, they have quite a home court advantage. NBA best Dallas lost to Golden State a few seasons ago guys because of a lack of focus!

I still like the Magic in the series but am a little bit of skeptic of this playoff ignite thing. If we play with urgency I think we could take them in 5 games. If the intensity is lost maybe even a Game 7 with a Ben Gordon shot away from one of the most embarassing moments in franchise history!

We need to attack early and often. Go for the knockout punch in game one. If we beat them bad enough and play physically most teams will fold.

quote:

well that is the wall we are up against, making sense and not making sense...

you made a blanket statement that he averaged over 21ppg...then we find out, you only count games where he was 100%...this isn't a TNT blurb breaking down how well a player does in games played on Holidays, you said average with the Bulls...I'm not sure if you are using a specific sample to make Salmons appear to be a better player or not, but I'm sure I can throw together some staggering numbers from some of our guys in specific parameters if you like...that's not how we view averages though, if data was collected, it's tallied into the averages...

how many games did Kobe play last season with that finger injury? we better go back and deduct those games from his averages, to be fair to the LA fans and all...

whilst it means very little to me, I'll continue to discuss it, it's amusing...

lol...same here

i did make a blanket statement because for all intensive purposes, my statement was more than sufficient enough to get my point accross...

next time (for you) i'll make sure and add disclaimers when relaying stats...

i mean, i could understand if when the playoffs started, Salmon was hurt or coming off the bench, but that's not the case...i'm speaking to the Salmons you'll be getting come playoff time...but i understand your point...it's not like i don't, i just want you to conceed that you're nit picking...only because you attempting to correct me didn't change the outcome of my point...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

We need to attack early and often. Go for the knockout punch in game one. If we beat them bad enough and play physically most teams will fold.

you nailed it with the physicality aspect...

as much as i love my team, the Bulls are soft...

the Bulls are a finesse team...bust em in the mouth and they go down hard...

hopefully Stan doesn't figure that out if we play yall...

As said, the Magic to keep the intensity from the beginning and don't be overconfident.

I do believe Gordon, Salmons and Brad can hurt the Magic. They can score in bunches and Brad can hit jumpers and pass well. They can't sleep on the Bulls when guarding this guys. Their backcourt looks good.

Not that the Magic should have trouble winning in at least 5, but they to take care of business.

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

As long as we can contain Rose and keep Miller from shooting deep shots, I think we win in 5... Dwight needs to take care of the ball in the paint too, to avoid Miller and Noah from swatting.

**Note that I'm assuming Chicago beats Toronto tomorrow.. even if Chicago loses, Philadelphia has to win AT Cleveland, which will not happen. So maybe I shouldn't have said "its set".. but it might as well be.

GOGOGO!

Then this is not going to make you happy Cleveland is resting all of their starters for the game against Philly.

Sounds like they want you stick to your prayers for while longer.