Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

So... the first round is set. Orlando Magic v. Chicago Bulls. DISCUSS!!

quote:
Originally posted by gcver2ver3:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Rafer is quick enough for Rose. Athleticism, ehh I give you that. However, Rafer is a steal machine, don't forget the quick hands. Now you see the ball, now you don't.

Salmons career average is 8.8 pts, this season he is scoring 18.5 points. However Pietrus's defense is the equalizing factor in this matchup.

Salmons is averaging over 21 ppg with Chicago , and he's been with us for a good number of games now...he's a 20 pt scorer and Salmons defense is very strong as well...

he is more than a slight edge over Peitrus...Salmons has played at an All-Star level since joining the Bulls...

false, with Chicago he is averaging 18.84 points...All-Star, possibly...he has picked his game up since heading over is most categories, but only slightly and in only an extra minuter per game...like I said, love Salmons...

i know the numbers...and we can nit pick it if you wish....

he was traded in late February and didn't start until March...he averaged 21.3 ppg during the month of March...

for his few games in April his average dropped due to injury...

so if we want to get technical, his avg is a little lower than 21 points but when he's been in the starting line-up and healthy he scores over 21 ppg...

fully expect him to average 20 plus against Orlando...we're gonna need him to score...

no, in 25 games with Chicago he's averaging 18.8 that just pure statistical fact, no room for debate...numbers are numbers...

like i said, if you want to nit pick then nit pick...what i said was not incorrect...nothing to debate there either...

but he scores over 20 ppg when he starts for us...

trying to argue it won't change what he does in the playoffs, and i fully expect him to be above 20 ppg in the playoffs...

lol welcome to the boards, we nitpick every number like our loud head coach, it's like math class, you have to bring the proof to be taken seriously here, i mostly make stupid jokes and post retarded pictures, but when i need to make a point then i hit the stats hard.

quote:

quote:

quote:

it's not nit picking...it's the undeniable truth...if you want to say he's averaging over 21 in a certain month, then say it, but with the Bulls, it's 19.9, injuries are part of the game...

it is nit picking because it doesn't change my point...

my point was the guy is a much bigger scoring threat than Peitrus and i know so because he scores 21 a game with the Bulls...then you come back with "it's not 21 pts it's 19"...that doesn't change anything, it's just correcting me on a technicality...

but yes, i suppose you're right...it isn't quite 21 points a game if you count the handful of games he played injured and that he didn't start...but when the playoffs start he will be healthy...so i'm looking forward to seeing what he does...

it's not 19 points either, it's 18.84, that's why I love stats, they can't be bent or rounded, they are exactly what they say they are...

your point was fine about Salmons being a scoring threat over Pietrus, the only aspect of falsehood was the PPG average you listed...technicality or not, whether you want to say it or not, or as you put it know it, Salmons only averages 18.84 points with Chicago thus far, injured, on the road, with a head cold, wearing red, white, green or black, it's still not 21 through his course with your Bulls...

WITH BULLS

February: 5 games - 15ppg

March: 15 games - 21.33ppg

April: 5 games - 15.2ppg

that's an average of 17.2ppg with the Bulls, if you average the averages...

so any who, love Salmons, incredibly efficient player...

fair enough, its all good...but you should still admit you were nit picking...icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

a team hot streaking into the playoffs with an array of jump shots and very good guard to small forward play... see tmac's orlando magic.

i do admit i'd rather play philly than the bulls, but the bulls are a breath of fresh air considering we don't have to play detroit in the first round. i fully expect the bulls to come out for a game or two and just be on fire and probaly take that game, i expect noah to get some awesome cheapies on dwight by hitting the floor harder than i hit the rum bottles on the weekend. but i also expect the pitbull of a coach we have on the sideline to not let anyone falter, and that if a playoff series has to be won against orlando it will need to be extremely physical up front as well as an array of well timed jump shots.

peitrus has been flaky since his injuries, but stan remembers the 60 percent shooting night from the bulls earlier this season, i think he'd rather see courntey lee and peitrus play most of the game and foul out than have that happen again.

whatever happens, happens for the best, it will be interesting though.

you guys would smash the Pistons...

i know they owned you in the past, but they are not the same team right now...

they're terrible...most Orlando Magic fans are celebrating that you don't have to play them and i don't see it...Maqgic would crush the Pistons...

quote:

nope, I'm a stats guy, I just take numbers seriously...if it was a point, or a round, let it slide, but 18-21 is a big discrepancy...and I just couldn't let it go, lol i'm sick...

i know its sad that i (actually we) keep debating something so small, but what the heck, i ain't doin nothin else anyhow...

the discrepency to me isn't in the point differences, but in the games we're counting...you're counting games that i throw out due to me believing they mislead you on what he's doing as a Bull...

the disrepencey isn't in the stats because i wasn't wrong either...the games he started healthy he's over 21 ppg...

the disrepency is in what you counted versus what i counted...which again is why i say you're nit picking...

but it's cool because we both agree that Salmons is a good player...

quote:

quote:
you guys would smash the Pistons

no way...

i think we could get around them this year, especially if we had jameer healthy, but they definately have a knack of going 'william wallace' on our front line with sheed, mcdyess, maxiell. that's the breath of fresh air i'm talking about, i'm not knocking the bulls' front line, but that detroit front line seems to be made special for us.

quote:
posted by Steve Kyler, 15 April 2009 7:31:00 AM

Why does acknowledging the Bulls strengths make me a Bulls' fan?... On the last 5 games... I can tell you what has changed, the word is out... push Dwight out of the painted area and make him shoot his running hook... don't double him... close out on the shooters hard... Dwight is something like 30% from the field with his running hook... I have talked to all of the Magic players they are embarrassed and pissed at how they are playing, its not a lack of playing for something, its coaches have cracked their puzzle.

Hoopsworld's Playoff Preview: Magic vs. Bulls

if the March 11, 2009 is not a good indication of what a massacre this series will be then Magic Fans should be worried because the Bulls are playing great as of late.

As long as the Magic show up, and I mean in a mental, read-to-play sense, we should win in 4-5.

We should win the series, no matter what, but our recent loss of focus is a little disturbing. Yeah - I know we wrapped up a playoff spot and were resting, but still: Cleveland and the Celts didn't go on a four-game losing streak.

Championship teams don't mail it in. Ever.

lol i like how the last two games, to which stan was obviously resting guys, are seen as failures. the knicks game, the raptors game, those were failures... i wonder if the bulls will fall for the one on one with dwight argument and just hope he goes with a hook shot instead of dunking a lot of them home?

lol and if stan doesn't know how to switch out lewis for dwight on a center that shoots threes then we deserve to lose a series.

My point being this: the Celts sat KG for the last few weeks and were still trying to win games. The Magic have been playing like: "Let's just get this over with."

Yeah - the losses don't mean anything, but the mindset does. MJ used to sit around and steam about teams that absolutely sucked, coming up with reasons to hate them and beat the crap out of them.

That's not the kind of attitude that wins you a lot of friends, but it does win championships.

it's a good point, i know i'd rather see wins out of our scrubs when we're sitting our all stars but our bench can be very weak at times, seriously it's from a decade of drafting guys that look good in a suit. i look at the celts' bench and who detroit had contributing last year and i see draft picks that were worth their weight in talent.

i definately want to see a team with the correct mindset by the time game 1 comes around.