Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Cleveland Cavaliers

I feel bad for Cleveland because with a record of 60 - 13, and probably finish close to 70 wins, any finish that does not include an NBA championship will be looked upon as a big failure, especially if the Lakers do not make the Finals. If the Lakers beat the Cavs in the Finals, then the Cavs would get the pass, unless the Cavs have home court advantage.

IMO the Cavs do not have enough to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series because the Cavs match up badly against the Lakers.

Few years ago they were considered to have over achieved by making it to the Finals, that is no longer the case.

I will be watching Tuesday because I believe Detroit is going to "flip the switch" on.

I feel bad for Cleveland because with a record of 60 - 13, and probably finish close to 70 wins, any finish that does not include an NBA championship will be looked upon as a big failure, especially if the Lakers do not make the Finals. If the Lakers beat the Cavs in the Finals, then the Cavs would get the pass, unless the Cavs have home court advantage.

IMO the Cavs do not have enough to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series because the Cavs match up badly against the Lakers.

Few years ago they were considered to have over achieved by making it to the Finals, that is no longer the case.

I will be watching Tuesday because I believe Detroit is going to "flip the switch" on.

I don't feel bad for the Cavs. The bigger they are the harder they fall. The press has worshiped them all year (not just them, Lakers and Celtics too) and so if they do end up with the O'Brien trophy, good for them, but if they don't, I'm sure they've had no problem basking in the spotlight and so they'll have to deal with the other end of it if in fact they can't win a championship.

One thing I've said in other threads is that I really don't believe they have any chance against the Lakers. Bold prediciton: they'd get swept by LA in the finals (I really don't know how we'd fare against LA now without Jameer either, hopefully we'll get to see). I really hope we get to face Cleveland in the ECF though. It'd be awesome competition between two teams with awesome young superstars. I'm excited for our matchup on Friday, always good stuff.

Just my opinion on Cleveland: I've never had any reason to dislike Cleveland and I'm not going to start because they have an amazing season. I do have every reason to hate Varajao (first class flopper) and Mo Williams (public whiner), and so if I do express animosity towards Cleveland, it's because of those two, and also I don't always agree with the calls Lebron gets down the stretch, but that's the NBA these days.

Their record is tainted with a history of terrible calls in their favor.

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

lol...only the losers blame the refs....

Troll?

quote:
Originally posted by Peaceful Cavalier23:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

lol...only the losers blame the refs....

I bet a lot of Cav fans and Mo Williams (because he's a whiner) will be blaming the refs a lot this post season when they don't go all the way.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

I bet a lot of Cav fans and Mo Williams (because he's a whiner) will be blaming the refs a lot this post season when they don't go all the way.

Remind me again, what have the Magic done in the post season the last handful of years?

Magic fan really shouldn't be talking trash about playoff exits/not winning the title when the team hasn't done anything.

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

Remind me again, what have the Magic done in the post season the last handful of years?

Magic fan really shouldn't be talking trash about playoff exits/not winning the title when the team hasn't done anything.

And Cavs fans have the right to talk? as i recall, the Cavs have won as many NBA Finals games as the Magic have

Yes, but Cavs fan can at least talk about making noise in the playoffs - because it's something they've done the last few seasons.

The Magic - not so much, now have they?

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

Yes, but Cavs fan can at least talk about making noise in the playoffs - because it's something they've done the last few seasons.

The Magic - not so much, now have they?

Whats the point of 'noise' if they don't come out with the O'Brien trophy? I'm sure LeBron himself isn't satisfied with 'making noise' in the playoffs if it doesn't culminate in a Championship.

Win a championship then talk, but don't come on the Orlando Magic forum to down talk our franchise when the franchise you're defending is best known for that one Michael Jordan buzzer beater.

Hah, the hypocrisy in your post is just boiling over.

You defend a Magic fan for talking down the Cavs, but then you say not to talk down the Magic? That makes tons and tons of sense.

Pot calling kettle black? Yes sir.

Cavs fan have a reason to talk about making noise in the playoffs because the team has done so. The Magic have not. If the Magic do well in the playoffs this year, then Magic fan have a reason to talk.

It's really a simple concept to understand.