Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

FINALLY...NO SMILES!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Your right, there is nothing funnier than failure.

I got a new slogan for young atheletes all over the world..

LAUGH WHEN YOU LOSE!!!!!

let me ask you a question...if you have a bad day during your job at mcdonalds, maybe the burgers keep sticking to the grill or something. Do you sit and pout and ***** and moan and cry? or do you try to lighten the mood by joking with your fellow burger flippers?

does joking make you a bad burger flipper?

your logic is on the level of a 3rd grader...there is no correlation between a team laughing and them losing. Especially since the team you're crying about is one of the best in the league. I guess the laughing and hand shaking must be working for them.

Actually your analogy is not even 2nd grade level. Did you ever see MJ or LB laughing it up when they were getting their butts kicked. It's been a pattern with this team that we were all getting tired of. I for one am glad that they sulk after a loss. It's good to finally see this from our guys. I'd hate to be the Bucks tonight as we will rebound in a big way.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Getting paid and winning is all professional sports is about, after all.

Entertainment is all professional sports are about. It always has been and always will be.

Maybe as far as the owners are concerned, but not the players. I agree with the posters who refer to Jordan and Bird. I've always believed that one of the strongest traits of a true professional athlete is pride.

This team is athletic enough to go all the way, but they don't seem to have a team leader who can show them the way. As crazy as it sounds, I think Rafer could be that guy. You'll never see him joking around once the game starts or ends. He's probably as laid back as they come in between, but when it comes down to business, he seems to be the only one who truly understands what it takes to be a respected winner.

Michael jordan laughing at losing....now thats funny. If you want to win multiple rings a la mj act like him. People flipping burgers at mickey d's make 7 bucks per hour not $300,000 per hour. They are not professionals and many dont take pride in being the best and as a result end up working at, yes, you guessed it mc donalds.

If you didnt know raefers history, look it up. He was a playgroung legend in nyc and a star in the AND1 league. A guy who got a chance and siezed it. He played as hard for $100 bucks as he does for the big $ now. Thats the attitude this team needs to win...and yes I think they are getting it.

I cant believe a gm hasnt walked out on a court and dropped a suitcase with one million bucks and said...the 2 best players I see in america in the next month will be awarded the suitcase. What PR that would bring and youd get a great player for next to nothing relatively speaking. I cant believe the guy would be worse than pat garrity or reece gaines. Im sure the guy wouldnt smile if he lost and would pull his own teeth for you if you asked.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

quote:

quote:

Entertainment is all professional sports are about. It always has been and always will be.

Maybe as far as the owners are concerned, but not the players. I agree with the posters who refer to Jordan and Bird. I've always believed that one of the strongest traits of a true professional athlete is pride.

This team is athletic enough to go all the way, but they don't seem to have a team leader who can show them the way. As crazy as it sounds, I think Rafer could be that guy. You'll never see him joking around once the game starts or ends. He's probably as laid back as they come in between, but when it comes down to business, he seems to be the only one who truly understands what it takes to be a respected winner.

Strange that you say that entertainment isn't the goal of the players and cite Rafer Alston as an example of a guy who is all about winning.

You'll never see him joking around once the game starts or ends? What about a few games ago where he went into the crowd and ate a fan's popcorn in the middle of the game? Does that not count? Or do the players only need to be serious around other players?

I don't think anyone can make a convincing case that And1 is about anything other than entertainment and selling shoes, and Rafer is the face of that kind of basketball. Your selection of him as the kind of player you're talking about illustrates how ridiculous this argument is.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Strange that you say that entertainment isn't the goal of the players and cite Rafer Alston as an example of a guy who is all about winning.

You'll never see him joking around once the game starts or ends? What about a few games ago where he went into the crowd and ate a fan's popcorn in the middle of the game? Does that not count? Or do the players only need to be serious around other players?

I don't think anyone can make a convincing case that And1 is about anything other than entertainment and selling shoes, and Rafer is the face of that kind of basketball. Your selection of him as the kind of player you're talking about illustrates how ridiculous this argument is.

Your comparison of eating popcorn during a game, and acting like you don't care about winning is trite at best. Name one Magic player this year that takes winning as serious as he does? He's gone as far as to say that Dwight needs to play smarter, and nobody else on the team has had the balls to say that. If we make it past the 1st round in the playoffs, it will be because of Rafer.

quote:

Your comparison of eating popcorn during a game, and acting like you don't care about winning is trite at best. Name one Magic player this year that takes winning as serious as he does? He's gone as far as to say that Dwight needs to play smarter, and nobody else on the team has had the balls to say that. If we make it past the 1st round in the playoffs, it will be because of Rafer.

I didn't compare anything. You said you won't see the man joking around during a game and I provided an example of him joking around during a game. But I guess that doesn't count since it goes against your argument.

If you've ever really played a competitive sport then you should understand the connection between taking things seriously and winning.

This post really makes me miss Jameer. One of his biggest jobs was to go up to Dwight in crunch time and make sure he wasn't smiling. Jameer is a cool guy, but he always knows when to turn off fun-time and make sure his team is playing at a high level. I hope that Rafer can take on that role for us down the stretch.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

Good one on the Burger flipping blast....maybe one day when you gain enough coordination to dribble a ball and run your dumb mouth you can tie up the laces on your $300.00 pair of Nikes that have never touched a basketball court and try playing a competitive sport.

i see...you have some form of brain damage. I guess there isn't a point in continuing the conversation with I Am Sam here. This made zero sense.

to everyone:

once again, i'll ask. Why do you all think that they don't care about losing because they shake hands and laugh on the bench? No one has given any good answer. You all just bring up jordan and other pointless things. There is no reason to think dwight takes a loss any better or worse than jordan did based on his laughing and hand shaking. They just have two different personalities...not deficient (look it up Forest Gump), different.

have you ever played a competitive sport? i'm not talking about like going and playing volleyball with some of your buds, i'm talking like an organized sport against other organized teams