Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Cleveland Was "Given" a Win Last Night

quote:
Originally posted by The Architect:

All I really have to say about this is that Atlanta gave the Cavs the win. They had lots of opportunities to put the game away and failed. I agree with the fact that it looked like the refs gave LeBron the call with 1.6 left... but he's LeBron. Stars in the league get Star treatment, that's how it's all been, and that's how it always will be. The fairness of that is a topic for another day. Also, what was Joe Johnson doing practically taking a 3 to win the game? 1.6 from half is plenty of time. He had room even when he caught the ball, he couldn've taken a step forward or tried to draw some contact to go to the line as well. The league isn't afraid to make that call against LeBron, they did it too him with no time left against the Pacers and Danny Granger when the Pacers beat the Cavs about a month ago.

Either way you look at it and complain though,the Cavs won and there's no taking the W back. I'm pretty sure your Magic have won some pretty questionable games before.

the bolded is where i stopped reading. Just because his name is Lebron doesn't mean he should get a foul if someone looks at him wrong. The NBA cannot be officiated fairly because of superstars such as yours truly.

quote:
Originally posted by markketch:

Yes - the refs let Andy & Mo Williams hit big shots. The refs made the Hawks double and triple team LeBron, causing those guys to be open for shots. The Hawks didn't miss shots or anything like that, or fail to defend the open players. Nah.

Flopped? He got pushed in the chest into LeBron. It was an obvious foul that a 99% blind, deaf official could have made.

I'm sorry - where was I defending LeBron? Or the refs? Maybe you should go back and read my post again, then come back with a legitimate response to what I actually posted. My case? I didn't know I made one - mind to tell me what "my case" actually is?

Thanks.

Way to break it down McHammer.

First of all, you think the Cavs should've won and that's why you're defending Lebron. Second of all, you think Varajeo flailing his head back like a crash test dummy and hitting Lebron should've sent Lebron to the line and that's why you're defending Lebron. Third of all you didn't understand a word I said.

Besides the no call that ended up a 3 for ATL, Johnson got hard core fouled by like 3 Lebrons on a drive. ATL should've had a lead when Lebron drove and that's my point. I don't care if they let them back, and I don't care if they got naked and danced around Lebron while other guys hit big shots, the Hawks got screwed in the final seconds. I don't know if they would've won, but it shouldn't have been tied.

Fourth of all, why am I even responding to you, you'll probably never even come back here. And Fifth of all, nice name for a team, car.

96_chevrolet_cavalier_z24coupe_1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

Second of all, you think Varajeo flailing his head back like a crash test dummy and hitting Lebron should've sent Lebron to the line and that's why you're defending Lebron.

It was an OBVIOUS foul. Varajeo was pushed when he was running through a screen. They call that 99.9% of the time.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: Third of all you didn't understand a word I said.

Yes, because it was a bunch of sore ranting.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: Johnson got hard core fouled by like 3 Lebrons on a drive. ATL should've had a lead when Lebron drove and that's my point.

"Hard core" fouled? You did watch the game, right? And you know what "hard core" means, right? Because it sure looks like both of those are false statements.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:Fourth of all, why am I even responding to you, you'll probably never even come back here. And Fifth of all, nice name for a team, car.

Ouch, wrong again. And yes, the Cavs are named after a car - you nailed that right on the head. You're a comical genius with that brilliant line. It's always good to see someone so immature that they resort to something as ridiculous as that. Classy.

quote:

It was an OBVIOUS foul. Varajeo was pushed when he was running through a screen. They call that 99.9% of the time.

Yes, because it was a bunch of sore ranting.

"Hard core" fouled? You did watch the game, right? And you know what "hard core" means, right? Because it sure looks like both of those are false statements.

Ouch, wrong again. And yes, the Cavs are named after a car - you nailed that right on the head. You're a comical genius with that brilliant line. It's always good to see someone so immature that they resort to something as ridiculous as that. Classy.

I underestimated your loyalty to checking out other peoples boards all the time (don't know how you have that kind of time, I sure wish I did), but once again you're being an idiot biased fan. If Anderson got pushed, great that IS a foul, for Anderson. If Anderson gets pushed and then does the limbo causing his head, and not his body to send Lebron to the floor, then how the eff does James end up at the line? I'll tell you how, the refs like to wipe his bum bum. Call the foul for Anderson who got fouled by the other team, not Lebron who ran into his own flopping teammate. I hope that's clear and that you're not going to quote one of my sentences and write a paragraph on it, otherwise you're ridiculous.

And about the hard core foul, how is driving to the hole, elevating, and than running into three people and bouncing off em all like a pinball, not hardcore? Don't be asking me how it IS hard core when you have no explanation for how it isn't because I made my point first and you're just being immature.

I don't look forward to your response because it'll probably be dumb and biased again with all my senteces broken up and critiqued (again, do you have a job? Otherwise where are you finding time to check out and respond to Orlando's board?). Also, thanks for recognizing my class, I bet that JD Power and blah blah probably recognized the Cavalier for first in class for something. And just a hint, why try and take this "oh you're so classy and mature" approach acting like your ish don't stink (you aren't Lebron are you? because if you are it probably doesn't stink and you can disregard that comment) when you know the obvious come back is to post something about Disneyworld or some lame looking magician with a top hat. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not, maybe you just really are all grown up and don't stoop down to lower levels. Kudos.

wdw_extra_magic.jpg

Look what comes up when you google "magic", that's what I'm talking about.

quote:

wdw_extra_magic.jpg

Look what comes up when you google "magic", that's what I'm talking about.

LOL

quote:

I underestimated your loyalty to checking out other peoples boards all the time (don't know how you have that kind of time, I sure wish I did), but once again you're being an idiot biased fan.

Ever hear of a thing called a lunch break? Most jobs offer employees such things. I'm being an idiot biased fan...and you're being what exactly? I don't even need to say it - your aggressiveness and accusatory stance says it all. Very clearly, too.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: If Anderson got pushed, great that IS a foul, for Anderson. If Anderson gets pushed and then does the limbo causing his head, and not his body to send Lebron to the floor, then how the eff does James end up at the line? I'll tell you how, the refs like to wipe his bum bum. Call the foul for Anderson who got fouled by the other team, not Lebron who ran into his own flopping teammate. I hope that's clear and that you're not going to quote one of my sentences and write a paragraph on it, otherwise you're ridiculous.

Kinda funny that you mention writing a paragraph out of one sentence...when you just did it yourself. The refs gave LeBron the call probably because he was the one making the offensive move, whom ultimately was affected by the push. I don't know their justification, or how the league tells them to handle such things.

My guess is the ruling is such as: If Player A was taking a jump shot, and Player B was pushed into him by Player C, then the refs are probably going to award Player A with foul shots.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: And about the hard core foul, how is driving to the hole, elevating, and than running into three people and bouncing off em all like a pinball, not hardcore? Don't be asking me how it IS hard core when you have no explanation for how it isn't because I made my point first and you're just being immature.

Now it's apparent you didn't watch the game, or you have terrible memory. Go ahead - pull up the video recap of it. Bouncing off of people? Ahaha. Dude, he jumped straight up into two players. He didn't get "bounced" anywhere and there was minimal contact, which is why it was not "hard core".

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: I don't look forward to your response because it'll probably be dumb and biased again with all my senteces broken up and critiqued (again, do you have a job? Otherwise where are you finding time to check out and respond to Orlando's board?).

It's much easier and clearer to respond to little chunks than it is to block quote. And again, my job is kind enough to provide me with a one hour lunch break. Fancy that?

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme: And just a hint, why try and take this "oh you're so classy and mature" approach acting like your ish don't stink (you aren't Lebron are you? because if you are it probably doesn't stink and you can disregard that comment) when you know the obvious come back is to post something about Disneyworld or some lame looking magician with a top hat. I thought it was obvious, but I guess not, maybe you just really are all grown up and don't stoop down to lower levels. Kudos.

Yep, I'm man enough to take the high level and avoid name calling and other junk. Sorry that I didn't meet your expectations.

I'm biased just like every other fan, including YOU. Your hatred for the Cavs pretty much drips from the words you write, so if you're going to accuse me of being biased, at least admit your own faults.

It's fine, we disagree, but you don't attack me for no reason. I'll look forward to your response where you continue to call me an "idiot biased fan".

quote:
Ever hear of a thing called a lunch break? Most jobs offer employees such things. I'm being an idiot biased fan...and you're being what exactly? I don't even need to say it - your aggressiveness and accusatory stance says it all. Very clearly, too.

so let me get this straight...the ORLANDO fan is the one that is bias in his analysis of the CLEVELAND vs ATLANTA game. Yeah, that's genius logic there. I'm sure the CLEVELAND fan in the debate would have no bias at all. lol

so, were you a cav fan say...7 years ago? just curious.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

so let me get this straight...the ORLANDO fan is the one that is bias in his analysis of the CLEVELAND vs ATLANTA game. Yeah, that's genius logic there. I'm sure the CLEVELAND fan in the debate would have no bias at all. lol

Um, yes. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't like the Cavs at all, so why wouldn't his opinion be biased? Every Orlando fan as a legitimate reason NOT to like the Cavs - the Magic are chasing the Cavs in the standings, are they not?

I don't like the Jazz or Celtics, so my opinion is always biased with respect to these teams. If you don't see how that works, then I'm sorry.

If you'd read my entire post, I admit to being biased. Every fan is biased, I at least admit it.

And yes, I've been a Cavs fan for a long, long time. I have a Mark Price jersey in my closet. Thanks for checking.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

Um, yes. It's pretty obvious the guy doesn't like the Cavs at all, so why wouldn't his opinion be biased? Every Orlando fan as a legitimate reason NOT to like the Cavs - the Magic are chasing the Cavs in the standings, are they not?

I don't like the Jazz or Celtics, so my opinion is always biased with respect to these teams. If you don't see how that works, then I'm sorry.

If you'd read my entire post, I admit to being biased. Every fan is biased, I at least admit it.

And yes, I've been a Cavs fan for a long, long time. I have a Mark Price jersey in my closet. Thanks for checking.

Mark,

You've made this whole thing very confusing, and I don't know how I became a biased hypocrite in this whole debacle. Go back to my original post, all I was saying is that the Cavs got a little pampering in the final minutes that the Hawks didn't get. You then started to get very defensive about your Cavs and that's where things got out of hand, you came into another man's house and didn't even wipe your feet. I never said I hated the Cavs, I was just expressing my hate towards YOU and I used the Cavs to aid my cause.

There's two things that you need to admit and it's pissing me off that you won't.

First, Varajeo is as big a flopper as anyone in basketball. This is important because the ONLY reason there was contact with his and Lebron's heads is because Varejao was trying to dodge bullets like Neo from the Matrix. Without his flop, there's no contact and James doesn't go to the line, just admit it because you're lying to yourself if you don't.

Second, Lebron James gets special pampering from the refs. James is an amazing player, and so is Wade, and so is Kobe, but the refs like to change their diapers. Just admit that, because you're once again lying to yourself if you don't.

So here's my point again since you lost it in the breaking up of all my sentences:

Atlanta should've had the lead with time winding down. Should they or would they have won? Who knows. The Cavs had some obvious bs go their way regardless of what kind of defense or offense the Hawks played.

Do I hate the Cavs? No. Do I hate you? Almost, but I'm a religious man. Did the Cavs get some ref favor in the final minutes? Of course. And if you don't think so than you're a "can't hack it, panty waist, who wears his mama's bra". Enough said, quit being a troll.

002k063d

Come get a taste Cleveland, but I've got a feeling you don't want to mess with us.

Go back and read my second post, then let me know what you have to say.

Nowhere was I defensive. You, yourself, just admitted you were expressing hatred. I am not the one name calling, etc.

1. Varajeao was clearly pushed - it was a foul. There was no flopping on this play. A lowered shoulder square to his chest. Textbook foul call.

2. I clearly stated in a previous post I was not defending LeBron or the officials. Nowhere have I said that LeBron doesn't get preferential treatment on certain plays. He certainly does, as do all superstars in the NBA. Please quit with the blanket assumptions & accusations.

3. Here's my point again: Atlanta had every chance to win the game, but they failed to execute. They let Varejao and Mo Williams hit HUGE shots late in the game. A call didn't go their way, but they blew their lead by letting up on defense at a crucial time.

4. This is the "Around the League" forum, I'm free to discuss whatever I like. This is also not trolling. Trolling would be littering the board (namely the Team Discussion) with banter about the Magic sucking, or something equally ridiculous. There is a clear difference between trolling and actually responding to posts.

quote:
the Magic sucking, or something equally ridiculous.

I'm glad we both agree that the Magic sucking would be ridiculous, but I'm disappointed in you. You still can't admit that Varejao is a flopper and that he threw his head back uneccessarily far and almost hurt his own player because of his floppiness.

I gave you a choice and you decided to be a "can't hack it, panty waist who wears his mama's bra".

Good luck to the Cavs, congrats on clinching a playoff spot, at least you have something going for you.

Sorry, but he didn't flop on that play. We're talking about one specific play, where it was very clear that he was fouled.

Does he flop at times? Of course he does. Heck, lots of players do. Again, you're putting words in my mouth.