Sign in to follow this  
orlando12

Pietrus...

Ok

So I still like him as a pickup in the offseason, but either Otis or Stan Van has to talk to him about keeping his drives under control.

What good is he injured every like 5-10 games? Dude has got to receive instruction that he should take it easy on the offensive end. I know he isn't always the hottest shooter, but he is going hurt our chances of winning a championship if he keeps throwing his body at the rim with no disgregard

Ok

So I still like him as a pickup in the offseason, but either Otis or Stan Van has to talk to him about keeping his drives under control.

What good is he injured every like 5-10 games? Dude has got to receive instruction that he should take it easy on the offensive end. I know he isn't always the hottest shooter, but he is going hurt our chances of winning a championship if he keeps throwing his body at the rim with no disgregard

quote:
Originally posted by orlando12:

Ok

I got so mad when I saw him drive to the basket the way he did yesterday, but 2 things here...

1. He had time to not jump when he saw Wallace stand there.

2. What was Wallace trying to do? That's the type of dunk when you have to move the f*** away!

I love the fact that he's aggresive, but he does have to know when to control it!

quote:
Originally posted by orlando12:

Ok

not to be a *****, but what you just said was that he carefully throws his body at the rim... thats probably the last way id describe his style of attacking the basket

you were looking for "with no regaurd" or "with disregard"

i like the peaches, he gets up there, it's very easy to undercut him in this situation, and courtney lee has been attempting to posterize people in the past few games as well.

wallace played cheap all night, he flopped alot and would probably undercut dwight if given the chance.

i hate to see peaches hit the floor, but when he pulls off that sort of dunk it's intimidating to the other team and makes our team explode with confidence, and everything works smoother.

i dont want him to stop driving to basket by any means. i think thats when hes at his best. a good mixture of that as well as his 3 point shot is fine but i will agree that he needs to know when to pull up and when to try and throw it down. last night for example if he would of just layed up he would of had an easy bucket. instead he injures himself and adds another turnover

We knew this knock on Pietrus when he came. He is athletic as anyone, but he is a born 6th man; all energy, but a little lighter on the basketball IQ than I would like. He can be a disruption to the starting squad. His energy can be a spark off the bench, though.

i think we got him to defend other teams big gurds... like kobe,wade,carter,ray allen,manu g, maybe lb james... so i think we just keep for those games because its hard to keep him healthy... save him for big games...

C,Lee gives us what pieaches can gives now so no need to risk him.. i scare when he drives for dunk..