Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Dwight Howard continues to lead all players in All-Star voting

Yay for All Star voting returns. My reactions as they come from reading this thing.

1. Boy, Yi is far too ridiculously close to KG. The Chinese should have their computers taken away. Or at least their access to NBA.com blocked. Yi's wasn't even that good on the Chinese National Team in the Olympics!

2. Boy I'm glad Rashard Lewis has less votes than Shawn Marion, Michael Beasley, and Tayshaun Prince. Way to go, NBA fan. At least Hedo's getting some run, one year too late.

3. The only thing more ridiculous in the Eastern guards than Devin Harris not even having 500,000 votes, is Gilbert Arenas getting one vote, let alone 403,577. Not only is he hurt this year, but he barely played last year. So even NBA Fan being one year behind still doesn't excuse that nonsense.

4. Dwight has more than 8 times the votes of Sammy Dalembert now, who somehow is second place. Wow. And Haywood has 180,000 votes, almost? Maybe Washington Wizard fans should be blocked from NBA.com too.

5. Can't really argue with the Western forwards except Artest having more votes than Dirk or Gasol is a bit of a joke.

6. Nothing's as much of a clusterf*** as the Western guards. Crawford has more votes than Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, or Steve Nash? Brandon Roy only has 267,000 votes?? And the biggest travesty of all... T-Mac has about 150,000 more votes than Chris Paul!? I know there's only a 50-50 chance T-Mac even plays in the All Star Game with those knees of his, but gimme a break. CP3 should of been MVP last season, and now he might not even start?

Fans should select their 3 favorite players from each conference, and let the coaches take care of the rest. Fans can't be trusted for these things, I submit "Brett Favre making the 2009 Pro Bowl" as my prime witness.

Yi shouldn't even be close to the All-Star ballot...

But on the topic of Gilbert Arenas: remember Grant? At least they're consistent...