Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

15 years

I can't believe it's been so long.

About 15 years and two days ago, then aged 12, my mom told me we were going to London. I was like "Oh nice! Uh... London? Whyyyyy?" and put up a sad face because I never really wanted to go to London really but since then I've been to London fourteen times (total of fifteen times... so this is a thread of fifteens)

But then the magical words slipped her mouth...

"We're going to see these games" and she handed me four tickets.

"1993 NBA London Games October 30th & 31st - Orlando Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks - London Arena"

I looked at it for a few seconds because I didn't understand it. London + NBA? Didn't make sense. Then she told me it was some sort of exhibition games... Orlando Magic. In the flesh. Not on TV. Me going there.

BOOM! Excitement! Roof went off! I ran downstairs, put on my shoes and ran to all I could think of. Everybody was into NBA at this time (interest level has gone down now however) and my friends did not believe me AT ALL.

I went to London and went to those two games. Seeing Shaq in the flesh was just chilling. Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott! Holy crap! And even Scott Skiles! Donald friggin' Royal! Then there was this rookie named Anfernee, not sure... Hardaway, was it?

On the Hawks... not bad either. Dominique, Stacey Augmon and Kevin Willis... whose ball-exploding rebounds echoed through the arena.

Anyways, thought I'd share this with you since it is almost 15 years ago to the day that the Magic faced the Hawks and now, tonight it's happening again! It gave me good Magic memories and I hope this season brings us alot more Magical memories!

Cheers to that and bring us some hardware, Dwight, Shard and the rest of you!

I can't believe it's been so long.

About 15 years and two days ago, then aged 12, my mom told me we were going to London. I was like "Oh nice! Uh... London? Whyyyyy?" and put up a sad face because I never really wanted to go to London really but since then I've been to London fourteen times (total of fifteen times... so this is a thread of fifteens)

But then the magical words slipped her mouth...

"We're going to see these games" and she handed me four tickets.

"1993 NBA London Games October 30th & 31st - Orlando Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks - London Arena"

I looked at it for a few seconds because I didn't understand it. London + NBA? Didn't make sense. Then she told me it was some sort of exhibition games... Orlando Magic. In the flesh. Not on TV. Me going there.

BOOM! Excitement! Roof went off! I ran downstairs, put on my shoes and ran to all I could think of. Everybody was into NBA at this time (interest level has gone down now however) and my friends did not believe me AT ALL.

I went to London and went to those two games. Seeing Shaq in the flesh was just chilling. Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott! Holy crap! And even Scott Skiles! Donald friggin' Royal! Then there was this rookie named Anfernee, not sure... Hardaway, was it?

On the Hawks... not bad either. Dominique, Stacey Augmon and Kevin Willis... whose ball-exploding rebounds echoed through the arena.

Anyways, thought I'd share this with you since it is almost 15 years ago to the day that the Magic faced the Hawks and now, tonight it's happening again! It gave me good Magic memories and I hope this season brings us alot more Magical memories!

Cheers to that and bring us some hardware, Dwight, Shard and the rest of you!

Sounds like a 3rd grader who's pretty decent at writing submitted this story to the teacher.

But yeah, to see Shaq back in the day woulda been something sweet.

cunningstunt: In short? Bad. Hopefully gets better... in the coming years :[

mongoose: Guess you don't have any Magic memories from your childhood that will always give you a good feeling and take you back in time, huh?

Or just too cool to admit it...

I went to Iceland when I was 10. One of the best places on earth. Period. I wanna go back so bad. I remember watching a regular season bulls game with my host family at their home and it was an EVENT. They were so into it. Good people, good times. Glad to know there some Magic fans there too!