star_phenom35

With Maggette, is anyone considering...

The huge glut of SG's we will have?

Maggs

Lee

Bogans

JJ

A total of FOUR SG's!!!

Then if we let Battie start, Hedo will come off the bench and his minutes would decrease. He would never get that 30 mins per off the bench like some of you claim he would. He definitely won't take minutes from Maggette, Lee or Bogans and neither will he play PF so he's stuck at SF with Lewis who will get the majority of the mins at that position. Unless Stan cuts down Battie's mins AND Cook's mins and moves Lewis back up to PF so Hedo can get in. But some of you are suggesting that we get another PF which would basically limit Hedo to SF and also cause him to split mins with Lewis at 24 mins each. Which borderline All-Star plays 24 mins a game???? =s If it turns out like this, Hedo WILL walk next summer.

I really don't see how the mins would be shared amongst Lewis, Hedo and Maggs.

Anyone has any suggestions on how this would work? =s Since there's no other Magic-related news to talk about

Maggs

Lee

Bogans

JJ

A total of FOUR SG's!!!

Then if we let Battie start, Hedo will come off the bench and his minutes would decrease. He would never get that 30 mins per off the bench like some of you claim he would. He definitely won't take minutes from Maggette, Lee or Bogans and neither will he play PF so he's stuck at SF with Lewis who will get the majority of the mins at that position. Unless Stan cuts down Battie's mins AND Cook's mins and moves Lewis back up to PF so Hedo can get in. But some of you are suggesting that we get another PF which would basically limit Hedo to SF and also cause him to split mins with Lewis at 24 mins each. Which borderline All-Star plays 24 mins a game???? =s If it turns out like this, Hedo WILL walk next summer.

Anyone has any suggestions on how this would work? =s Since there's no other Magic-related news to talk about

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Maggs

Lee

Bogans

JJ

A total of FOUR SG's!!!

I suspect Lewis will get a lot of minutes at the PF spot. I would be surprised to see Cook get any minutes at all, assuming no injuries, and Battie will be used sparingly.

Agreed. Lewis will still get a lot of minutes at the 4 spot. Both Turk and Shard depending on the lineups of the other team can play the 3 & 4 with Turk also getting a few mins at the 2.

Ugh @ this thread.

Starting... doesn't... always... equal... major... minutes!

For example there was plenty of times last season that even though Jameer Nelson was the starter, he and Carlos (or Dooling) split the minutes dead even, 24 minutes a piece.

When the rubber meets the road, Rashard would be at the 4, Hedo at the 3, and Maggs at the 2. Oh I could only dream.

Battie gives us at least a bit more flexibility where we don't have to play Rashard at the 4 all the time! I don't think people realize how important it is that Lewis plays the position he's supposed to.

Bottom line is that Rashard, Maggette, and Hedo would all play over 32-38 minutes a game and Battie would probably just play something like 18. 20, something like that.

It really wouldn't be that big a deal. At least it isn't if Hedo's the professional team player that we think he is.

My question is this: If Hedo was so willing to defer to Grant Hill, why wouldn't he be willing to move around to make the team better? Especially if he'll still be Mr. 4th Quarter and still get virtually the same amount of minutes??

Things do change you know. Hedo has been a role player his entire career, playing behind stars and proven starters. Now that he's proven his worth and considers himself one of the best on the team, I highly doubt that he'd want to go back to being in someone's shadow again unless he can ASSURED his starter's PT AND crunch time PT. What if we get another big? What happens then? Unless a trade is made or Hedo is a REAL "team first" guy, I wouldn't see it working out very long... Maybe I'm reading into this too much? =s

1) Hedo definitely wouldn't get minutes at SG over Bogans & Lee?

2) Cut down Battie's minutes?

Battie has NEVER played over 24 a game in his entire career. With his age, injury history, and the style of ball SVG prefers, I think he'd be very lucky to see 62 games of that next year. And, I wouldn't be surprised if he's backing up Dwight as much as he receives burn at the 4.

But, let's assume this hypothetical. Lewis plays 36 mins per game, Battie plays 24, all at PF. That leaves 36 right there for Hedo.

Battie plays less or more of his time at C, Hedo plays a little at SG, there's plenty of mins for Hedo.