Sign in to follow this  
Frank'N'Beans

RealGM Article.

Not sure if anyone has found this yet, but it's pretty inresting,and detailed as to what the Magic need ,and might do.

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/64/20080701/$10_million_for_five_players/

I myself like Maggete, but we would have to give up way to much to get him,and we would be financialy strapped for the next few years, with five roster spots to fill ,and 10 mill, guys like Pargo, Hayes, Ellison, Doleac, seem more realistic, than Maggete, Pietrus,duhon, especially if we hold on to Mo, and or Dooling.

Not sure if anyone has found this yet, but it's pretty inresting,and detailed as to what the Magic need ,and might do.

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/64/20080701/$10_million_for_five_players/

I myself like Maggete, but we would have to give up way to much to get him,and we would be financialy strapped for the next few years, with five roster spots to fill ,and 10 mill, guys like Pargo, Hayes, Ellison, Doleac, seem more realistic, than Maggete, Pietrus,duhon, especially if we hold on to Mo, and or Dooling.

in the article they mention us getting rid of evans/dooling to get magg. i'd dish out more than that to get him on the squad.

well maybe i'm being rash, but we have a log jam at sg.

I'd definitely get rid our other SGs to get Maggs, but I was wondering about Pargo, I think he's a way good backup PG and even a solid starter, but I haven't heard much talk about him as a FA, what are the chances of landing him in Orlando, and does that seem like a good idea to anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

I'd definitely get rid our other SGs to get Maggs, but I was wondering about Pargo, I think he's a way good backup PG and even a solid starter, but I haven't heard much talk about him as a FA, what are the chances of landing him in Orlando, and does that seem like a good idea to anyone?

I wouldn't mind Pargo, he's a heck of a 3pt shooter,and handles the ball well, I think he would be had for the cheepest out of the other pg's, and it would free up more money to fill the other 4 spots.

you guys are nuts! You never pass on a starter like Maggs for some backup role players. SVG only uses a 9 man rotations so who care that you backups are from some YMCA league.

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

you guys are nuts! You never pass on a starter like Maggs for some backup role players. SVG only uses a 9 man rotations so who care that you backups are from some YMCA league.

I'm not saying that we should pursue Pargo over Maggs, no way, Maggette should be the top priority IMO, I just think that Pargo could be a better choice to go after than say Duhon who's gotten tons of talk on the message boards.

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

Well TFG, history does show that maggete is injury proned, so case he wen't down, or any of our main guys go down, we do need a security blanket, and if you watched some Magic games last season, you may have noticed that Dooling, and Evans aren't half that bad, if you can get both Dooliing and Evans inked for the MLE about 6 mill, that would still leave us about for mill for 3 more players, not to mention we still could sign players for the vet min.

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

HMMMM? Maybe, maybe not, but at this point of the year, you really don't know who, or what to beleive.

so your saying we should stop hanging out near the wishing well while we drain the blood of a goat into a bucket full of maggete jerseys?... because i'll stop.