Sign in to follow this  
KCmagicFAN

Another playoff exit via the Pistons?

Sure looks that way to me. This team is playing horrible basketball so far in the first game and a half in this series. Here are the things I've noticed.

1. Detroit is getting any shot they want. Whether it's a pick and roll, or a one on one pump fake and drive to the basket, the Magic have no answer for it.

2. Detroit is getting WAY TOO MANY second/third chances on the offensive end. Howard is the best rebounder in the game but Detroit seems to be swarming to the offensive glass. Orlando needs another big guy in there....

3. Orlando is just shooting way too low of a percentage. I guess it's just whether they're hot or not, but they need to knock em down more frequently.

4. Detroit is doing a good job of making Howard a non-factor in this series so far. I'd like to see a little more fire in Dwight. He has the size, strength and the skill. Again it would be nice to have another decent big man. Gortat and Foyle aren't the answer...

5. Too many silly turnovers. Guard play overall has not been good. Jameer can look like an All-Star one play and a second string rookie the next. The guy has great basketball skills, his problems seem mental to me.

6. I don't know if the officials really have it out for the Magic this year or what, but it really doesn't seem balanced. That goes for the whole season and the Toronto series. Then again...I'm biased towards the Magic so I could be way off.

I really hope the Magic can find a way to win at home, it would be nice for them to at least make this a competitive series. Another clean sweep by Detroit would just tick me off too much

Sure looks that way to me. This team is playing horrible basketball so far in the first game and a half in this series. Here are the things I've noticed.

1. Detroit is getting any shot they want. Whether it's a pick and roll, or a one on one pump fake and drive to the basket, the Magic have no answer for it.

2. Detroit is getting WAY TOO MANY second/third chances on the offensive end. Howard is the best rebounder in the game but Detroit seems to be swarming to the offensive glass. Orlando needs another big guy in there....

3. Orlando is just shooting way too low of a percentage. I guess it's just whether they're hot or not, but they need to knock em down more frequently.

4. Detroit is doing a good job of making Howard a non-factor in this series so far. I'd like to see a little more fire in Dwight. He has the size, strength and the skill. Again it would be nice to have another decent big man. Gortat and Foyle aren't the answer...

5. Too many silly turnovers. Guard play overall has not been good. Jameer can look like an All-Star one play and a second string rookie the next. The guy has great basketball skills, his problems seem mental to me.

6. I don't know if the officials really have it out for the Magic this year or what, but it really doesn't seem balanced. That goes for the whole season and the Toronto series. Then again...I'm biased towards the Magic so I could be way off.

I really hope the Magic can find a way to win at home, it would be nice for them to at least make this a competitive series. Another clean sweep by Detroit would just tick me off too much

Also I'd like to note that I really don't feel the Magic can be a championship calibur team unless they get a 2-guard that is a big time scorer. I have confidence that Jameer can be a good point guard but Bogans/Evans/Dooling to me are just really good bench players.

I kinda sorta agree with you that we need a better 2 guard, and I guess someone knows something that I don't, but I don't understand why that guy ISN'T J.J. Redick, especially considering the way we play.

We could definitely use another big man, but I wonder if the reason why we aren't making a big push to get another big time big man is because we still hold the rights to Fran Vasquez if he ever chooses to come play over here.