Sign in to follow this  
JJ_I_TRUST

WHy SVG is not trusting Arroyo?

I get you completely, but don't you agree that, considering he is looking for a new contract this summer, that behavior like that (assuming you are right and its lack of interest because of locker room issues) only hurts his value?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I get you completely, but don't you agree that, considering he is looking for a new contract this summer, that behavior like that (assuming you are right and its lack of interest because of locker room issues) only hurts his value?

oh yes i do agree but like i told you before he is a hard head

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by alex30:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

When a player has inconsistent minutes and an inconsistent role, it influences their confidence. Of course. All indications over the final 30 games were that Dooling was the backup PG. But, over the final handful of games of the season were that Arroyo was returning to the role of backup PG for the playoffs.

So, I imagine Carlos is not as confident or mentally sharpe as he could be. That doesn't automatically translate to locker room problems as you suggest. It translates to an insecure player looking over his shoulder.

At the same time, Carlos has been in this position nearly his entire tenure with Orlando. It's nothing new.

Secondly, I realize you are an Arroyo fan, but he is not a good defender. Just because CP3 had an off night for 3 quarters doesn't make Arroyo a good defender. There's a lot more history to support the opposite.

I've seen LeBron score 12 against Hedo, nobody will confuse him with Ron Artest or Bruce Bowen any time soon either. I've seen Jameer & Carlos absolutely dominate Deron Williams last season on both ends of the floor. One isolated game doesn't make a players rep.

I do agree and I believe I've been pretty consistent in saying this for a lot longer than you've posted in this forumn that Carlos is a better floor general than Jameer and the offense is typically better when he's starting. But, the reality is that this organization believes in Jameer, and is committed to Jameer. Off the bench, Carlos has been wildly inconsistent, and in this series he's been poor in two opportunities matched up against either Toronto PG.

im sorry bro i see you didnt get my point i never said ca was a good defender are you kidding me hehehe,what im trying to tell you is that he wasnt giving any effort point blank,no motivation.

I get your point, I simply see no foundation for it. Neither do you except the fact Carlos has been out played. This is professional basketball, not junior high. Carlos isn't thrilled with his role, but he's not pouting, or going through the motions when his # is called.

What you might understand if you played sports is that even if Carlos is unhappy with his coach or management, you play for your teammates, & yourself. This whole notion is simply rediculous. There, what I was nicely trying to say...

if you read the post that i have been posting with echo you will understand and basicly we saying the same thing lol,i think you just answering my post and trying to contradict me cuz of my pics lmao.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

the fact that he had to work harder to get minutes and meer didnt have to,of course that was cuz of contract.

Didn't seem to me that way at all. Seemed more like his minutes were based more on Jameer's performance. Jameer went into that slump, and they eventually pulled him for a run of games until he was ready to come back.

Jameer got hurt, again, here comes Carlos to take his place until he is ready to come back.

Maybe there was some issue early in the season, but it seemed that toward the second half, Stan decided Dooling would back up the starter, and Carlos would take Jameers spot as the starter if he was injured etc.

For the most part, except for a couple of exceptions, that was how things went. So, why all the fuss and big surprise now that Stan was doing the same in the playoffs?

He did go to Carlos in Game 2 and 3, probably to get that same spark of energy Carlos provided off the bench during the season, but it wasn't there.

like i also said in the spanish tread carlos is also a hard head,i understand that people get tired but he should go out there and try to have fun as much as he can,basketball is a very fun game i seen him grow up playing basketball all the time also i played against him in a couple of tournaments.Thats why i also say that he doesnt look energetic when he comes in the game as usual,do you get me?

You now Alex now that you mention that, make me think about the Carlos off BSN league or the Carlos off Utah. He seem to lost motivation over the years, I don't see fire in him as it was before ever coming to the NBA. Before you could see him wanting to win always, wanting to prove he's value. Now, he show it one day but not the next. I have seen his whole career and I see why coaches stop to play him much. He's new coaches after Sloan always play him for 20minutes when they start, they get like the kid with a new toy, first the illusion of that player or toy to work, then you get tired because it doesn't give you want you want anymore and stop using it. That's what happen with Arroyo and the coaches here in the NBA.

Probably Carlos made up his mind already, since he is probably convinced by now that he is not going to get a fair treatment in the NBA since that 2004 Olympic game against the dream team, he probably will be looking to play in Europe after the end of his contract here. Who knows, maybe that explains the "attitude" Alex30 is noticing in Arroyo in this series.

Some people prefer to have the nicest house in the neighborhood, even if that means they aren't in the best neighborhood.

Some people are happier with a more modest house in the nicest neighborhood they can afford.

Perhaps that is the difference?

OMG this is getting crazy!!!

Hey I only ask that why in that specific game 3 since both PG where no playing that well why he didn't use Arroyo more other than that is all good the team is wining and Meer and Dooling are playing well.

Good God!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by JJ_I_TRUST:

Hey I only ask that why in that specific game 3 since both PG where no playing that well why he didn't use Arroyo more other than that is all good the team is wining and Meer and Dooling are playing well.

Good God!!!!

hey no one fighting here lol we actually getting along at least i think so lol

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by JJ_I_TRUST:

Good God!!!!

hey no one fighting here lol we actually getting along at least i think so lol

Yeah, calm down.

The time will come in this playoffs when all of you will ask yourself why Van Dumby has not used Carlos.

In this series, Doolings only good game (being kind) was the last.

Check his FG%.

Also please can someone give me the FG% of Turkoglu in this series?

Toronto is a very bad team.

The Magic will struggle with the next team. Some toilet paper will be needed.

Then Carlos will play, if Dumby's mind is right.

If CA does not play in this playoffs he should play for Puerto Rico at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament and kick *** as he always do at international.

Carlos go to Europe. Euros are good!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Gruden:

The time will come in this playoffs when all of you will ask yourself why Van Dumby has not used Carlos.

In this series, Doolings only good game (being kind) was the last.

Check his FG%.

Also please can someone give me the FG% of Turkoglu in this series?

Toronto is a very bad team.

The Magic will struggle with the next team. Some toilet paper will be needed.

Then Carlos will play, if Dumby's mind is right.

If CA does not play in this playoffs he should play for Puerto Rico at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament and kick *** as he always do at international.

Carlos go to Europe. Euros are good!!!

Bro, you think this is the time to talk about this? We just won our first playoff series in 12 years.

This is a time to enjoy being a fan of the team. I'm sure Carlos is happy for the win and if the chance comes, he'll play. Carlos is a class guy, the last thing he's thinking about right now is Europe.