Sign in to follow this  
brownmagic

UPDATE: Josh Powell salary-cap friendly quality backup C/PF (see first and last post)

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

another exellent adition would be Chris Wilcox,wich could also be had for expirings.

Villanueva and Wilcox would be awesome Rico..question for you...Otis has to play GM with limited money..how would you go about strengthening this team considering we definitely need a strong PF and prolly could use a upgrade at PG and SG...(not that I don't like how Nelson and Evans have been playing off late).

Boils down to expirings for quality PF and then sign some decent PG, SG or expirings for quality PG/SG and then sign some decent PF?

quote:
Originally posted by brownmagic:

quote:

another exellent adition would be Chris Wilcox,wich could also be had for expirings.

Villanueva and Wilcox would be awesome Rico..question for you...Otis has to play GM with limited money..how would you go about strengthening this team considering we definitely need a strong PF and prolly could use a upgrade at PG and SG...(not that I don't like how Nelson and Evans have been playing off late).

Boils down to expirings for quality PF and then sign some decent PG, SG or expirings for quality PG/SG and then sign some decent PF?

I think right now the best move would be to use the expirings to get a big,ie Villanueva,Wilcox,Haslem in that order,now the Pg situation will be more dificult, why trade for a decent pg when you have two decent ones right now,I dont see us getting a real good one any time soon.To my knowledge there is only two real good PG on the market right now Kidd and Miller, but they wont be traded for anything else than good players and I dont think the Magic will want the huge contracts.So lets keep Nelson and Los for now and play it out,as far as SG I would love for Otis to talk Maggetty into signing with us for the MLE.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by brownmagic:

quote:

I think right now the best move would be to use the expirings to get a big,ie Villanueva,Wilcox,Haslem in that order,now the Pg situation will be more dificult, why trade for a decent pg when you have two decent ones right now,I dont see us getting a real good one any time soon.To my knowledge there is only two real good PG on the market right now Kidd and Miller, but they wont be traded for anything else than good players and I dont think the Magic will want the huge contracts.So lets keep Nelson and Los for now and play it out,as far as SG I would love for Otis to talk Maggetty into signing with us for the MLE.

Signing a big with the way Jameer is currently playing would be great. Problem is our PG's inconsistency, but I do agree that they are decent.

How plausible is it to get maggette to sign for the MLE, also are people's thoughts on Artest - his attitude is a concern but he seems to have calmed down and matured ever since his daughter got cancer but his play is still defensively rock solid and he does want out of Sacramento.

Josh Powell's performance since the opening post of this forum.

PPG: 7.4

RPG: 6.6 (2.3 OR/ 4.3 DR)

APG:0.8

SPG:0.3

BPG:0.5

FG%:0.481

FT%:0.610

MPG:25.2

LAST 10 GAMES

PPG: 10.1

RPG: 8.9 (3 OR/ 5.9 DR)

APG:0.8

SPG:0.2

BPG:0.6

FG%:0.557

FT%:0.650

MPG:29.1

As predicted, his game is picking up as he develops and gets more playing time. Looks very very promising. I think he should be our cheap (low contract) backup C/PF. Definitely an upgrade over Foyle and he is younger. We need to get rid of Gortat, Augustine, Vasquez, Rakovic and Cook. Next year's backup big men: foyle/battie/powell.