Sign in to follow this  
PimpinORL

[merged] who deserves to be starting PG? Arroyo or Nelson

I think he needs to prove that he deserve to start by making it on the defense end. He needs to be intense and if he does, he will be on the starting lineup because he has prove already that he can run the offence and can shot a good mid range shot, he can pass too so it

Arroyo, being a pass first guard (and he can pass better than anyone on the Magic already, including Nelson), involves the team constantly just by the nature of his game. Teams only benefit from this type of player.

I was skeptical myself of Arroyo until I saw a tape of Puerto Rico's 92-73 win over the USA in the Olympics. He made that happen with a bunch of deadbeat players and handily beat the likes of Duncan, Iverson, Wade and more.

The guy can play. That said, Nelson was here first and Arroyo will have to unseat him before he's annointed starter.

quote:
Originally posted by ArroyoMagic:

Nelson Carlos Arroyo Arroyo! Arroyo! Starting PG!! Arroyo!

Nelson is a future allstar and Ill admit Carlos is a really good player but the best point guard? Your really biased and him being Puerto Rican doesnt make him suddenly average 20 points more per game. He's good, but Nelson proved hes the best point guard for the team and Carlos hasn't.

quote:
Originally posted by PimpinORL:

quote:
Originally posted by ArroyoMagic:

Nelson Carlos Arroyo Arroyo! Arroyo! Starting PG!! Arroyo!

Nelson is a future allstar and Ill admit Carlos is a really good player but the best point guard? Your really biased and him being Puerto Rican doesnt make him suddenly average 20 points more per game. He's good, but Nelson proved hes the best point guard for the team and Carlos hasn't.

hello he played 3 games only, give him time like everybody to prove something

First of all having two good PG's is a nice problem to have.

Jameer this year: PPG:13.8 APG:4.4 RPG:3.0 SPG:1.19 TOPG:2.51

Arroyo's Best year: PPG:12.6 APG:5.0 RPG:2.6 SPG:.89 TOPG:2.20

Nelson is also the better shooter from the field but Carlos does have him by a little at the Foul line.

So unless Carlos is having a Career year Jameer should be the starter. I think that 1 game is to early to tell if he is going to have a career year don't you?

quote:
Originally posted by #30_4-Prez:

OK IM GONNA LAY OFF MY PR PRIDE IN THIS ONE!!! BUT EVEN IF IA WERENT FROM PR!!! I THINK ARROYO SHOULD START!!! AND JAMEER HAS TO PROVE THAT HE HAS CHEMISTRY WITH THE TEAM!!! I MEAN IVE SEEN ALL 3 GAMES IN WHICH ARROYO HAS PLAYED AND THEY LOOK REVITALIZED.WHY ?? BECAUSE HE IS A OPORTUNITY CREATOR!! HE CREATES OPORTUNITIES FOR OTHER PLAYERS!! AND IF HE GETS HOT THEN THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO PUT DOUBLE TEAM ON HIM LEAVIN OTHERS OPEN!! FOR THE DIME!!! OBVIOUSLY IF YOU PENETRATE OFTEN YOU ARE GOING TO BRING UP DEFENDERS LEAVING SOMEONE OPEN FOR THE SHOT!! I SEE JAMEER NELSON AS ANOTHER STEVE FRANCIS I DONT KNOW!!!

Have you seen Jameer playing?

I mean, try to be more objective men.

I also love how Arroyo play but I'm not shouting that Arroyo it's the best for whatever the team is.

Please!!!

Arroyo had 1 good game, and everyone is acting like he is a superstar. He is good, but let's see him play like he did last night, every game. I like Arroyo a lot, but I still think Nelson is better, and he should be the starter.

OK IM GONNA LAY OFF MY PR PRIDE IN THIS ONE!!! BUT EVEN IF IA WERENT FROM PR!!! I THINK ARROYO SHOULD START!!! AND JAMEER HAS TO PROVE THAT HE HAS CHEMISTRY WITH THE TEAM!!! I MEAN IVE SEEN ALL 3 GAMES IN WHICH ARROYO HAS PLAYED AND THEY LOOK REVITALIZED.WHY ?? BECAUSE HE IS A OPORTUNITY CREATOR!! HE CREATES OPORTUNITIES FOR OTHER PLAYERS!! AND IF HE GETS HOT THEN THEY ARE GONNA HAVE TO PUT DOUBLE TEAM ON HIM LEAVIN OTHERS OPEN!! FOR THE DIME!!! OBVIOUSLY IF YOU PENETRATE OFTEN YOU ARE GOING TO BRING UP DEFENDERS LEAVING SOMEONE OPEN FOR THE SHOT!! I SEE JAMEER NELSON AS ANOTHER STEVE FRANCIS I DONT KNOW!!!

Dooling should start for now, though Arroyo already looks comfortable. It's hard to say at this point. I was at the Magic vs. Sonics game and Arroyo had 0 turnovers and 18pts 4ast 4reb. That's a solid game, especially the first game at home ever in a Magic uni.