Sign in to follow this  
spenny

Move by Kobe to East would help correct disparity in NBA

quote:
Kobe could help provide NBA balance

Maybe we've been reading this situation wrong all along. Maybe Kobe Bryant isn't really selfish.

Maybe it's all part of a master plan to rectify the NBA's imbalance of power.

Bear with me, please. Deep in here somewhere you'll find a lesson on the joys of sports capitalism.

First, a little background: Citing "different visions for the future" and a steadfast personal commitment to winning, Bryant strongly suggested Sunday on his Web site, kb24.com, that he still wants out of LA, and the Lakers are liable to comply.

Now before you start calculating what combination of Erick Dampier, Devin Harris and Jason Terry it would take to do a deal with the Lakers, ease up. Mitch Kupchak isn't trading Kobe to Dallas.

And, no, it won't help if the Mavs throw in D.J. Mbenga. Or J.J. Barea.

How do we know for sure? Because Kupchak didn't send Shaquille O'Neal to the Mavs, despite Shaq's desire to play in Dallas, not to mention my insistent pleadings. And for all of you who wrote to tell me what a dumb idea it was, trading for a fat, aging center who can't make free throws

quote:
Kobe could help provide NBA balance

Maybe we've been reading this situation wrong all along. Maybe Kobe Bryant isn't really selfish.

Maybe it's all part of a master plan to rectify the NBA's imbalance of power.

Bear with me, please. Deep in here somewhere you'll find a lesson on the joys of sports capitalism.

First, a little background: Citing "different visions for the future" and a steadfast personal commitment to winning, Bryant strongly suggested Sunday on his Web site, kb24.com, that he still wants out of LA, and the Lakers are liable to comply.

Now before you start calculating what combination of Erick Dampier, Devin Harris and Jason Terry it would take to do a deal with the Lakers, ease up. Mitch Kupchak isn't trading Kobe to Dallas.

And, no, it won't help if the Mavs throw in D.J. Mbenga. Or J.J. Barea.

How do we know for sure? Because Kupchak didn't send Shaquille O'Neal to the Mavs, despite Shaq's desire to play in Dallas, not to mention my insistent pleadings. And for all of you who wrote to tell me what a dumb idea it was, trading for a fat, aging center who can't make free throws