Sign in to follow this  
bornMAGIC

Where is the heart?

Now let me first start by saying I will not be bitter for Dwight’s decision to leave Orlando.

Do I wish he would stay to make this city great?

Without question!

Dwight knows as well as any other fan that you love a team. I have loved the Orlando Magic since I was a child. The first time I saw Nick Anderson play, he was, is, and always will be my favorite player. Would I have still loved him if he went to a different team- sure. But the passion is not the same. I know that Dwight growing up had his favorite team and aspirations for them to win a championship.

Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Hakeem Olajuwan, Magic Johnson, and Kobe Bryant, Patrick Ewing are more revered and hold more respect than any other player because they made their teams what they are, and fought without waiver.

Players who leave their teams (even if they win a championship) are not valued or held in the same esteem that these players are. The only players I can think of right now is Shaq and KG. Now, I love Shaq, and always will. But I wish that he had stayed. Much like Dwight. I also love KG but that’s another story.

I guess… I just don’t know what happened to the league of heart and determination. What happened to players wanting to play to win, not for dollars.

I would hope that Dwight would read this and think back to his child hood stars that he loved, and see himself through those eyes. Orlando is a small market team. I want to see them do well, and every time we get close, someone bails. I appreciate Dwight sticking around. I really do. I just wish he’d stick it out a little longer.

I also WILL NOT understand why I haven’t heard Otis Smith going nuts trying to get Chris Paul or Josh Smith. I would be dealing away the entire team for those 2. Granted I would like to keep players like Jameer, JJ, and Bass. I think they have been loyal to this team, and I appreciate their efforts. But… If I’m Otis I would be doing everything to get CP or Josh Smith to keep Howard.

• Downvote 1

We need to get rid of Otis. How does he still have his job? He has done nothing to bring any one good to play with Dwight. It seems Otis has no pull in the league. How does D. Will slip by and goes to Jersey without us trying to pick him up. We instead bring a problem child in Arenas and a player we wouldnt pay money for when he had him in Turk. Its not Dwight's job to go get players. How can the owners of the Magic let him use up all of their money without results? We had one of the highest payrolls in the world in all sports... and we can't win a championship? There is one reason why we haven't and its Otis. Sorry, but he has to go.