Sign in to follow this  
JRam027

Joe Paterno fired.

I've spoken to people I know who live and work in State College.

You are 100% wrong about what the majority of those protests were about, and about how bad they were.

You may think that the news media is sensationalist. That's fine, you're allowed to think that.

But that doesn't mean it's any less *****ing idiotic to assume that anything that the media tells you is automatically a lie or a gross misrepresentation.

Sometimes the media calls something a riot because that's what it *****ing is, even if that's not what it started off being or what some involved intended for it to be.

Congratulations on having friends in State College. I have sources from within the school on multiple levels. What's your point?

I did say that some protestors were violent and I see them as idiots. They just rioted for the hell of it, as we could all tell.

I never said that the information given by the media is false or a lie, I just said that they're leaving out critical points. Huge difference

Penn State just said they have no intention of asking McQueary to step down, nor will they fire him. In fact, they're putting him up in the box this weekend for his safety. You know, because Tebow forbid people get angry at a guy who witnessed child rape with his own eyes and did nothing.

That's the funny thing about this. Joe Pa is created as a monster for not reporting hearsay to the police, but if you witness it and do nothing it's all good. Hell, if you're the one doing the raping it's all good in ESPN's eyes.

Wasn't protecting people what started this mess in the first place? If you're going to protect McQueary you might as well give Sandusky his DC job back, it's just as bad.

You misunderstand what they were protesting. Majority of PSU fans/students can agree that Paterno had to go, especially after testing administration by saying he'll coach out the year when the Board of Trustees had yet to make a ruling. Bold and foolish move.

Almost all PSU fans/students will agree that the way Paterno was relieved was absurd and that the media is getting way out of line. But to be fired over the phone? Incredibly unprofessional.That was what the protesting was mainly about. Shame on administration for announcing it at 10PM when students are on their own time, as well.

how was his firing "absurd"?

I couldn't even believe he had the audacity to come out last night with his statement "i'm retiring after the season." give it a f***ing break, kids have been molested and all you care about is retiring when this is all over?

Ok, I'm about done with this thread. I've stated that Penn State was wrong on so many levels, but the attention on Paterno is going way too far. Last thing I will say is to read the Grand Jury statement in the link below It is guaranteed to change your perspective a little bit, about Paterno especially. You'll see how bad this really is and how much worse it will get.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment-1.pdf

Ok, I'm about done with this thread. I've stated that Penn State was wrong on so many levels, but the attention on Paterno is going way too far. Last thing I will say is to read the Grand Jury statement in the link below It is guaranteed to change your perspective a little bit, about Paterno especially. You'll see how bad this really is and how much worse it will get.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment-1.pdf

Read it... still stand by my previous post to which you neglected to respond.

http://kstp.com/kstp...esentment-1.pdf

It's amazing how a piece of s*** like Sandusky gets caught doing this in old age. This f**** was probably doing this more than 15 years. It seems like the bad of this world out lives the good. Poor kids.

Paterno was right to be fired for not ever telling anybody. No way he did not know anything at all. Gigantic cover-up gone bad.

It's amazing how a piece of s*** like Sandusky gets caught doing this in old age. This f**** was probably doing this more than 15 years. It seems like the bad of this world out lives the good. Poor kids.

Paterno was right to be fired for not ever telling anybody. No way he did not know anything at all. Gigantic cover-up gone bad.

He didn't keep silent, he ran it up the chain, but he should have been fired for not doing more. He had a moral obligation to do everything possible to protect those children instead of the minimum required in such a serious situation,.

McQueary will not be at the game saturday because of death threats

the reason why McQueary hasn't been fired is because PSU does not want McQueary to go public with everything that he knows about the PSU machine and their coverup.

the next thing to come out is that sandusky was forced by PSU to resign or be exposed as a pedophile (we obviously know what he chose) also sandusky was using his "charity" as a child prostitution ring for big donors. Joe Pa and Penn state went to great lengths to cover this up and protect a kiddie rapist and they are continuing this pattern with McQueary to ensure his continued silence and word is that Joe Pa lied to the grand jury.

it really is a shame that people care more about a football program a school a coach's reputation than victims

there are a bunch of psu fans up here in PA that are acting so callous about these kids, a guy at work today who's son goes to school actually told me "why should I care, my son wasn't attacked"

death penalty for PSU football is on the horizon- let's hear all the crying then

McQueary will not be at the game saturday because of death threats

the reason why McQueary hasn't been fired is because PSU does not want McQueary to go public with everything that he knows about the PSU machine and their coverup.

the next thing to come out is that sandusky was forced by PSU to resign or be exposed as a pedophile (we obviously know what he chose) also sandusky was using his "charity" as a child prostitution ring for big donors. Joe Pa and Penn state went to great lengths to cover this up and protect a kiddie rapist and they are continuing this pattern with McQueary to ensure his continued silence and word is that Joe Pa lied to the grand jury.

it really is a shame that people care more about a football program a school a coach's reputation than victims

there are a bunch of psu fans up here in PA that are acting so callous about these kids, a guy at work today who's son goes to school actually told me "why should I care, my son wasn't attacked"

death penalty for PSU football is on the horizon- let's hear all the crying then

McQueary hasn't been fired because he's a whistleblower and could make a lawsuit out of it if he were fired.

They won't ever use the death penalty again on a program after SMU

Read it... still stand by my previous post to which you neglected to respond.

I said that I was opposed to the way it was handled and executed by the Board of Trustees, not the fact that he was fired. He deserved to get the axe for not acting, which he himself even admitted. You're confusing me saying that Paterno should still have his job, when all I said is that he's wrongfully becoming the villain.

Let me correct myself: I understand the peaceful protests to an extent. The protest at Old Main was because students were unhappy that University president Graham Spanier, who made the fatal and incredibly rediculous statement that the University would give full legal support to Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, still had a job. The message he sent about supporting Curley and Schultzwas horrendous, basically giving no credibility to the victims' claims, and it sent the message that the University as a whole did not care. Those protesting how Paterno was relieved I can also see.... Then again, Paterno volleyed the first bomb by going to the media saying that he'll finish out the season. From that point, Paterno got all that he deserved.

A little insider for you: Paterno did not get along with Sandusky around the time of the time of the incident and it seems like we may now know why. Paterno tried pushing Sandusky out, but the athletic department and administration wouldn't follow through. They wanted to let Sandusky "retire" so it wouldn't raise any eyebrows and he could go ride off into the sunset with a high reputation. From that point, Paterno more than likely responded with "then he's your problem". Perhaps this explains why Paterno never attended Sandusky's retirement party. This is where the "cover-up" takes place.

Again, don't confuse me with defending Paterno for not acting. Law or not, one should have the heart to save someone, especially it being a minor. Paterno failed morally, no doubt. However, some of the superiors failed both morally and legally.

I'm a Penn Stater by blood and it's been incredibly hard to fathom what has come to this school and it's reputation. The hero has now become the hated. I've now taken some time to review what has happened with both myself and someone much older and wiser than I, who has shared their insight with me. I now have a better understanding from both sides of the battle. However, I still stand by my argument that the media is currently sensationlizing the situation. They make it seem as though Paterno himself held the victims down as Sandusky performed such heinous acts. But before I pass any further judgement or speculation, I will leave it up to the judicial system to carry out its duties. From there, we can all make justifiable conclusions.

I think Joe Paterno should have resigned yesterday, before the board of trustees ever decided.. He had to have known that getting fired was going to happen, or at least was a real distinct possiblity, or he really just felt like he was bigger than the University.. And in response to Penn State getting a death sentence, it won't happen.. This isn't an NCAA infraction, this is SO much bigger of an issue than that.. But Penn State football is screwed anyways.. Tell me any parents in the world right now that want their children to be a Nittany Lion..