Sign in to follow this  
Barkley's Golf Swing

Is it a requirement to be a masochist when rooting for the Magic?

It's only a requirement to be a masochist when rooting for the... New York Jets.

You think we have problems? Go watch just one Cavs game. Or Timberwolves game. Or even worse, the Nets or Pacers, who at this point really *should* be at least somewhat better than what they are.

Only the Celtics, Spurs, and maybe the Bulls and/or Heat are clearly playing better than us in the entire league. Not Dallas, not Atlanta, not New York, not OKC, not New Orleans, not even the Lakers are playing head and shoulders better than us.

The Orlando Magic are a clear, legitimate, even-ESPN-can't-argue, Top 5 NBA team that have been to the NBA Finals and Eastern Conference Finals the last two years. When they are playing at least their A- game, they can quite literally beat any team on the planet on any given night.

There are 20-25 fan bases that would KILL to have what we have. The team is by no means perfect, but to say it could be worse... I mean, seriously. The Cavs. At least when Shaq left Orlando, the Magic stayed competitive. At least when Shaq left, he didn't hold an hour long special on ESPN about it! I also don't remember us losing *22 games in a row* in '97.

Sit back and appreciate. A little bit.

I'm an NBA fan first and watch pretty much all playoff teams. Not trying to boast or anything, but I tend to like this type of perspective. I get a more feel of the realistic expectations out of this team (and others) and I kinda see a lot of the journalism and commentation done.. well, biased.

In the end, I couldn't care less who wins a championship. My life doesn't depend on it.