NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Did you really not see my previous post or was it that you just chose not to acknowledge it?

you conveniently ignore the fact we needed to overpay or take back a bad contract to get rid of vince.

editx2: and JRich averaged 19.3 ppg this year. it's not like he's in the Tracy Mcgrady zone.

you conveniently ignore the fact we needed to overpay or take back a bad contract to get rid of vince.

You say that like there's some sort of shortage of bad contracts in the NBA?!

edit: and JRich averaged 19.6 ppg last year. it's not like he's in the Tracy Mcgrady zone.

Seriously? I could average 20 points playing with the likes of Steve Nash.

Edit: Funny, he's only averaging 14.3 with us...whether that number goes up or not is to be seen obviously.

You say that like there's some sort of shortage of bad contracts in the NBA?!

Seriously? I could average 20 points playing with the likes of Steve Nash.

Carter isn't. Pietrus isnt.

Carter isn't. Pietrus isnt.

I'n not even going to get into a discussion on Vince because frankly, everyone knows he's trash now. Pietrus is getting even less playing time in PHO than he was here at 19 mpg! Really?

Edit: Anyways, I find it funny that you even brought Pietrus into this argument being that he was never considered an even somewhat talented offensive player.

I'n not even going to get into a discussion on Vince because frankly, everyone knows he's trash now. Pietrus is getting even less playing time in PHO than he was here at 19 mpg! Really?

ok. so if richardson put up great numbers with phoenix and has equaled Carter's production (despite learning our offense) with the magic, Hedo has been much more beneficial to our team than pietrus, and Gortat couldn't have much value here due to low usage

How did we get robbed?

You said it yourself, Carter is trash and Pietrus can't get any playtime there. We got the best player in that deal (Richardson) and a guy who had a lot of success here (Hedo).

ok. so if richardson put up great numbers with phoenix and has equaled Carter's production (despite learning our offense) with the magic, Hedo has been much more beneficial to our team than pietrus, and Gortat couldn't have much value here due to low usage

Hedo has been beneficial to the Magic strictly offensively. While Pietrus was greatly beneficial on the defensive end (particulary on the perimeter). Which reminds me....what's that thing we've been lacking greatly as of late again? So to say outright that Hedo has been "much more beneficial" than Pietrus is not only wrong but completely asinine.

Gortat didn't have much value.......HERE, like you said. That doesn't mean he's still not a very valuable player. There are at least 20 teams out there that could really benefit from Gortat's services.

You said it yourself, Carter is trash and Pietrus can't get any playtime there. We got the best player in that deal (Richardson) and a guy who had a lot of success here (Hedo).

We settled....point blank. Getting the best player in that particular deal does not equate to getting the best player we could've gotten for what we gave up.

Edit: Not to mention Pietrus has been known to be a Celtic-killer.

• Upvote 1

Hedo has been beneficial to the Magic strictly offensively. While Pietrus was greatly beneficial on the defensive end (particulary on the perimeter). Which reminds me....what's that thing we've been lacking greatly as of late again? So to say outright that Hedo has been "much more beneficial" than Pietrus is not only wrong but completely asinine.

Gortat didn't have much value.......HERE, like you said. That doesn't mean he's still not a very valuable player. There are at least 20 teams out there that could really benefit from Gortat's services.

We settled....point blank. Getting the best player in that particular deal does not equate to getting the best player we could've gotten for what we gave up.

Edit: Not to mention Pietrus has been known to be a Celtic-killer.

really? 20 teams? and all of them were knocking down our door offering a sg averaging 19ppg?

really? 20 teams? and all of them were knocking down our door offering a sg averaging 19ppg?

I never said I want a SG who averages 19ppg.....do we even NEED one?

Courtney Lee averaged 8 ppg when we went to Finals...

I never said I want a SG who averages 19ppg.....do we even NEED one?

Courtney Lee averaged 8 ppg when we went to Finals...

with carter and lewis playing with no energy, yes. we needed as sg/sf that could score

yes, after trading gortat for them...

Umm, how's that working out? If this team wins a championship then great....I was wrong and I'll eat my crow, but I'm sorry I just don't see that happening with this group.